No menus, fonts, anything showing up...
I'm using .5 b2 and before I put in a bug tracker, I was curious if anyone else was having this issue...

I'm on a MBPro Core2Duo and using an external monitor and when I launch XBMC center, I see the following:

Any ideas?
By the way, I tried rebooting and running just off the MBPro w/ its built-in display and had the same issue.
Throw away ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and restart? Also try redownloading the beta.
Dang. Tried both with no luck. Any other ideas?

Or how would you describe what's missing so I can file a useful bug report?
I got no idea when or how the mac started (meaning which version) was the first. but the problem (on the xbox and other versions) is related to the fact that you didn't upgade properly and have an old version of the PM3 skin with left over files in the 16x9 that are no longer used and are causeing the errors it was an issue about 3 months ago now (if you search the forums you will see many similar posts)

This of course is just 100% guess because I have no debug log to look at to see what the error is but my bet is it has a lot of invalid includes type errors
If you throw away that XBMC folder and the XBMC.app file it should be a clean install. Also have you tried not using your external monitor? Also don't use full screen, just windowed mode (which should be default if you throw away the preferences correctly). If that doesn't work post a copy of the logs (/var/tmp/xbmc.log) to pastebin so we can look at them.
I've tried both a clean install and running it without the external monitor with no luck.

The xbmc.log file is here:

http://pastie.caboo.se/198222

*pulls hair out*

iordonez Wrote:If you throw away that XBMC folder and the XBMC.app file it should be a clean install. Also have you tried not using your external monitor? Also don't use full screen, just windowed mode (which should be default if you throw away the preferences correctly). If that doesn't work post a copy of the logs (/var/tmp/xbmc.log) to pastebin so we can look at them.
Jezz is that an outdated version as noted in the logs?

Code:
23:17:49 T:2685812640 M:1077792768    INFO: Skin version is: 2.1
nah thats just a number to tell xbmc if it should let it be loaded or not has nothign to do with the problem all skins should be 2.1 these days

the problem I mention would be having lines like
Warning : Skin contains invalid Include ............
so looks like he has a different issue I still suggest try changing to a 4x3 resolution just as a test and if it still happens then he is screwed Smile kidding but its beyond me odd though that the rss still shows text
@schwachs after you do remove the XBMC folder from application support XBMC launches in windowed mode right? Does this still happen in windowed mode?
Isn't the default window mode for mac 720p and thus a 16x9 resolution and the what I assume is the source of the problem
iordonez Wrote:@schwachs after you do remove the XBMC folder from application support XBMC launches in windowed mode right? Does this still happen in windowed mode?

Yes, absolutely on both accounts.
Jezz_X Wrote:Isn't the default window mode for mac 720p and thus a 16x9 resolution and the what I assume is the source of the problem

Is there some setting I could try to fix this?
@schwachs

In the log I see:

23:17:48 T:2685812640 M:1078800384 INFO: load language file:/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/language/English/strings.xml

Does that file exist, and is it readable by user, group, and world?

If you don't know how to check this, open up a terminal and do this:

ls -l /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/language/English/strings.xml
Subtitles - Serious Business
erk
my bad.
The lines I meant to copy/paste were

23:17:49 T:2685812640 M:1075777536 ERROR: unable to load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/Project Mayhem III/language/english/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0
23:17:49 T:2685812640 M:1075773440 ERROR: unable to load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/Project Mayhem III/language/English/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

Can you check if these files exist?
Subtitles - Serious Business

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No menus, fonts, anything showing up...1