Removing default Add favorites in context menu
(2020-09-12, 13:26)ronie Wrote: when you use the RunScript() command, kodi first checks if there's a script-type extension point defined in your addon.xml
(this can be xbmc.python.script or xbmc.python.library). if it finds it, it will use that.

if it can't find such an extension point, it will issue a warning in the log and fallback to the first extension point that's defined in your addon.xml file.

I followed your instructions about changing how I call the script with just the plugin name and adding the extension point and everything works perfectly.   No more error messages in the log.  Thank you so much.   It's amazing when folks listen that things work properly...  Blush  One last question for future reference and maybe others, is there a way to have more than one xbmc.python.script  or xbmc.python.library extension point ?

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
that's indeed not possible.. but there's not really a need for it either.

you can have one script that does different things based on the arguments you pass to the script.
RunScript(script.myscript,action=getinfo&data=foo)

then in your addon, parse sys.argv[1] to check which action needs to be run.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-09-13, 00:02)ronie Wrote: that's indeed not possible.. but there's not really a need for it either.

you can have one script that does different things based on the arguments you pass to the script.
RunScript(script.myscript,action=getinfo&data=foo)

then in your addon, parse sys.argv[1] to check which action needs to be run.
Thanks.  I presumed that was the answer but wanted to be certain.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing default Add favorites in context menu0