Automatically start slideshow at boot
I would like to have Kodi start a slideshow whenever it's started. Right now I'm able to do it remotely but manually via SSH using the below command but would be awesome if there's a way to automate this when Kodi starts.

This is the command I'm using and would like to automate at boot/Kodi startup:

kodi-send --action="RecursiveSlideShow(/var/media/WD1T/Fotoramen)"

I'm running LibreELEC on my RPi 3 Model B.
Have a look at Autoexec.py (wiki).

You parameter for the xbmc.executebuiltin function is 'RecursiveSlideShow(/var/media/WD1T/Fotoramen)'.
I already tried that one but it never seemed to run because nothing happened when I rebooted but will give it another shot.
Wink 
Finally I was able to make it work as intended. Guess I must have made some spelling/syntax mistake when I tried it last time.

This is what I put in autoexec.py and works like a charm Smile

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RecursiveSlideShow(/var/media/WD1T/Fotoramen)')

Next thing I'll try to figure out is if there's a way to make the RPi/Kodi reboot automatically based on a schedule. I'm thinking to have it reboot in the middle of the night to make sure any newly added photos will be used by the slideshow next day. Noticed how you must exit out of the slideshow and then restart it to make that happen. Or to perform a total reboot of Kodi.

In the best of worlds I would have liked to have Kodi automatically monitor when any photos are added/deleted and then restart the slideshow automatically to reflect the changes. Not sure though if that's possible. Did find some posts from people who tried this out in the past using some custom scripts but the success rate wasn't 100% as I understood it.

Hopefully we'll see an option in Kodi further down the road that will allow you to set this directly from inside the GUI. I'm sure that would make lots of people myself included very happy!

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically start slideshow at boot0