looking for testers of a US/Canada guide source
Hi All....

As many of you know, among other things I'm the lead of XMLTV.org, Schedules Direct, and PERC Data (a SD spin-off licensed to serve commercial products)

One of the frequent support emails I get at SD is how to configure a guide with Kodi.  They want a URL.  I explain they need to use a separate program to download the data from SD, convert it to XMLTV format and then serve it to Kodi.  That's quite a task for non-technical users who want "plug and play".  

For a commercial product at PERC , I wrote a direct XMLTV generator.  You punch in a URL with parameters and get back XMLTV via a HTTP request.  I think this can make things much easier for some Kodi users. I've received permission from Gracenote to directly serve other XMLTV apps.

I installed Kodi and it worked fine with the TV Guide plugin.  I wasn't able to do much with it, because I have a HDHR3-US tuner, for which Kodi support was dropped.  

If someone would like to test it, let me know.  I only have US/Canada guide data.

Robert Eden
I am in the US and have a subscription to Schedules Direct (used to use PercData also).  Right now, I am using Tvheadend as my PVR server.  I will do some testing for you.
Thanks... I don't seem to have PM capability here...   drop me an email at PERC or SD and I'll set you up. (admin@  account is fine)

Robert
(2018-05-29, 16:33)rmeden Wrote: Thanks... I don't seem to have PM capability here...   drop me an email at PERC or SD and I'll set you up. (admin@  account is fine)

Robert
 Email sent......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for testers of a US/Canada guide source0