Req The genre search change
Genre search does not appear to use all the genres associated with a movie. 

Since it was memorial day, we decided to watch a "War" movie, but despite having dozens in my library, none showed up when I selected that genre.  When I checked several of these films, they did indeed have "War" as one of the genres, often after "Action" Adventure" and "Drama".   These films DID show up when I searched for "Action."

Please use all genre labels associated with a movie when searching.
There is nothing to change, as that is exactly what happens. I can have five different genres for a movie, and that movie is listed in the 5 different lists.

How did you scrape the movie initially? Online scrape or NFO Files from a media manager, or have you manually edited in some way
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have same request for genre in common. I use from Dvblogic the pvr Tv Mosaic with epg provider Tv Adviser.
Tv Adviser and other providers too delivers many detailed kind of epg genre. But Kodi convert all genre into 12 types which can only search through in pvr search. 
I want to search only for e.g. genre comedy or only thriller, Syfy a.s.o. In summary Kodi should use same genre as the pvr provider and use this also pvr genre selector for searching..
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
I want to repeat my request. The genre handling and converting needs really a rework. And if Kodi use an EIT scanner it worked not very well.
For example when i use TV Adviser epg data from TV Mosaic. The series "Madam Secretary" has five genre: Nachrichten, Information, Politik, Serie and Drama. Kodi shows this as: "Nachrichten / Tagesgeschehen". Or the movie "Terminator 2" has three genre: Spielfilm, Science Fiction, Action. Kodi shows this as: "Bildung / Wissenschaft / Tatsachen" and so on and on. It make more sense to integrate a logic into Kodi that looks for "series" or "movie" for matching the correct genre and other genre. And to fit all genre into twelve categories is out of date.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The genre search change0