Change Movie
I’ve just scrap my collections of movies, got most of them which was great. The ones it missed, if I choose (Re)Scrape Movie. It doesn’t find anything.

If I choose “Change Movie” it finds in IMDB as an exact match. Is there any way to do "Change Movie" in bulk? Or speed up the process I'm doing?

Right now the process I do per movie is in 5 steps

1. Change Movie
2. Click OK on exact match
3. Image Select, OK
4. Click Cancel on select Theme
5. Click OK on the edit Movie window
The only different between "(Re)Scrape" and "Change" is that "Change" ignores the unique IDs like IMDB ID and run a search in any case. So I think there are some movies with a wrong IMDB ID and there is no other way than "change" the movie. But you can use "Change (auto)", then you've only to select the right result, the rest will be scraped automatically without any dialog.
If you don't need the themes you can disable theme downloading in Settings => Files and Sources => File Naming => Kodi Addons => Theme.
Cheers, A couple I have had to manually put int the IMDB ID other then that it all seems to be working
Once this is completed, if I (Re)Scrape or use kodi does it look at the nfo or the movie?
Ember reads the NFO only if use reload the movie with F5, over context menu or with "Tools => Reload all movies". Or on intial datbase update.
Is there in embedded metadata in movies, just like music? Is that what a scraper looks for when getting the right data?
I think I've misunderstood your first question...

Yes, Kodi and Ember read the data from NFO. There is no metadata in the video file. Ember and Kodi use the data from NFOs or try to filter the file or folder name to get a proper title to search with scrapers.
What I've tried to say is Kodi and Ember "lives" from the data in ther own database after the NFO has been readed. If you change something manually in the NFO than you've to reload the movie in Ember or Kodi to get the new data.
That clarifies a few things, thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Movie0