v17 Canadian looking for help
Is there anyone out there who can help a senior citizen with some kodi basics? I need help with finding providers that work for my area. I watch a lot of British content and often have trouble when trying to play a program and the statement comes up about it only being available in Britain. Others will play just fine and I don't know what the difference is.
A lot of content providers limit their media to IP addresses in their home country. For example all of the BBC content (via iPlayer) is only available legally to UK-based addresses.

For some content your best place is somewhere like YouTube or similar international sites.

To get you going a number of the links in my signature below could be helpful. Also beware of certain 3rd party banned addons (wiki) which are out there, which may offer some content but they are based on pirated and/or illegally sourced media and in some cases have been known to at best screw up installs, and at worst ship with malware and other nasties. Anything in our official repo (the one built into Kodi) has been vetted and is safe to use, but stuff from other repos (especially ones that don't have support threads on this forum) are not vetted or checked by the Team and any risk or consequence of using them is down to you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian looking for help0