Viewing programs still being recorded, aka 'time shifting'?
(2018-08-25, 23:16)dapharsyde Wrote:
(2018-08-22, 15:09)LeKodeur Wrote: Seems perhaps the developers have broken Kodi? Some of the Live-TV controls have gone missing since the last 2 Kodi 18.0 updates (in last few days)? Changed skins and went back to 5.8.1 but makes no difference ... so seems Kodi has a new live-TV bug. The missing Live-TV (PVR) controls play/pause, skip forward, skip backwards, fast forward and rewind work OK with other video play modes (movies, TV shows, recorded TV, YouTube, video addons, etc). Has anyone else noticed or is it just me?

Edit: Forum Moderator, please remove this post as I'm currently getting nightly updates of Kodi 18.0. My apologies. Thanks
 I am experiencing the same issue as well.  From the milhouse x64 builds, this functionality breaks between builds #0817 and #0818.  I posted about this issue here - and according to @ksooo, the solution is to "implement the GetStreamTimes API function (properly)."

@janbar - would it possible for you to have a look at this? 
 I added an issue on github for this https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues/101
Made the mistake of upgrading to Kodi Beta-1 that came out today and the controls have disappeared again, no start/stop, skip, etc. Going back to Alpha-3.
The timeshifting issues in Leia beta were fixed with version 5.8.5 of pvr.mythtv.
(2018-08-30, 11:20)cspack Wrote: The timeshifting issues in Leia beta were fixed with version 5.8.5 of pvr.mythtv.
I know, tried installing Janbar's deb package, installs OK but Kodi doesn't load it with error "Can't find pvr.mythtv.so.5.8.5", only loads if you build Kodi from source.. Also, I have Janbar's PPA but apt update is not picking up version 5.8.5, I had to get it manually from his web page?
I fixed the issue in last days. The timeshifting comes back with the release 5.8.5.
(2018-09-01, 11:08)janbar Wrote: I fixed the issue in last days. The timeshifting comes back with the release 5.8.5.
 Any chance to have 5.8.5 released through the Kodi ppa please?
I updated my LibreELEC to the latest builds, and updated addons.    Looking in the system, I see ".kodi/addons/packages/pvr.mythtv-5.8.7.2.zip"

But, I'm not seeing different time shift behavior.   I start an in-progress football game which has been recording for 42:39, and that is what shows as the end time of the recording.   As it proceeds, 10 minutes later I would expect the end time to be 52:39, but it is still 42:39.        

Is this the expected behavior, or was this expected to be fixed in 5.8.5?
The version 5.8.5 fixed disabling of timeshift after API change. So It didn't fix your issue: length of recoding being recorded isn't updated. About that, the addon returns the right length by the function LengthRecordedStream. Probably the issue is in displaying or refreshing the length.

EDIT: I found in my log many error watching a recording being recorded. Seems I am not aware about changes of the API since Leia. The function LengthRecordedStream seems to be deprecated and replaced by GetStreamTimes, which is used for live streams.
I fixed the issue by the version 5.8.10
Wow, that's excellent!  That will be a big leap forward -- I am anxious to try it when LibreElec updates their plugins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing programs still being recorded, aka 'time shifting'?0