v18 [nVidia SHIELD TV] DTS-HD HR passthrough not working
(2018-06-10, 00:14)iMak Wrote: My AVR is Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050 - Model 2015 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2740146
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
IEC 61937-5 is being revised to incorporate the changes made by DTS. DTS Type IV will have 4 profiles (only 2 are being defined now) that will indicate how the DTS Audio frame will be delivered. Single and Multi burst modes are now defined. Pc bits 11-12 that are not being used now will indicate the Type IV profile. There are some more changes, but I won't be able to provide all the details.
(2018-06-10, 00:26)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 00:14)iMak Wrote: My AVR is Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050 - Model 2015 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2740146 
Thanks mate for the reference.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
Seems 18.0-beta3 will finally contain a fix for this issue:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14428

I'm gonna test it once it's been officially released.
And then complain that it does not work? Now is the time for testing - not after the release.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-09-16, 21:59)fritsch Wrote: And then complain that it does not work? Now is the time for testing - not after the release.
Relax. No need to presume anything.
Actually the proper time for testing is when the next beta version 3 is released, that's what beta versions are for and that's what I'm waiting for.
Beta 3 is only a few days away anyways if I'm reading the current milestone plan properly. There should be enough time for all Kodi devs to react before the next beta release / RC in case I find sth.

Btw. I don't make complaints especially not for things I haven't paid for, I write bug reports.
Congratulations. Then - from reading - you also know that we lack devs, a lot of them. Android platform is not maintained anymore in detail and reacting fast is not possible with < 10 active developers. Therefore also don't presume anything in that direction.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My first tests with beta3 were successful. DTS-HD HR seems to work now.
(2018-09-17, 07:43)fritsch Wrote: Congratulations. Then - from reading - you also know that we lack devs, a lot of them. Android platform is not maintained anymore in detail and reacting fast is not possible with < 10 active developers. Therefore also don't presume anything in that direction.
 Not trying to be an ass at all, but will there be more devs for Android? I mean, it's one of if not the topmost used system after Windows with Kodi.
I myself have 4 NVidia SHIELDs.

Keep up the great work.
You could be one of those devs!

evs are not growing on trees. Kodi is OSS, we are not paid for development - we are all volunteers programming solely in our freetime.
(2018-10-03, 01:25)Herakles HD Wrote: My first tests with beta3 were successful. DTS-HD HR seems two work now.
 Yes - I fixed it and implemented it for Android, too.
(2018-10-03, 01:54)djhifi Wrote:  Not trying to be an ass at all, but will there be more devs for Android? I mean, it's one of if not the topmost used system after Windows with Kodi.

Yeah you'd think with such a large user base more people would step up to help out, as there's undoubtedly people who out there who either already have the necessary knowledge or could do what's necessary with some effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[nVidia SHIELD TV] DTS-HD HR passthrough not working0