v18 Live TV/Recordings Sound/Video Out of Sync on V18 Leia - With Logs...
Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-17, 22:22)Karellen Wrote: Thanks Smile

Any update as to when there might be a fix for the sound issues?

I also mentioned that when entering a channel number in the guide eg channel 103 or any 3 digit channel the 3rd digit is not accepted if you keep trying it will freeze Kodi causing it to crash. I've put on the nightly from 18th June and it's still the same along with the same sound issues. Have had to turn off "enable DD transcoding" due to the high increase in volume when these issues occur as the volume goes to full output and is not controllable at all. The volume buttons show the control going up and down but no response.
(2018-06-19, 20:15)richardc1983 Wrote:
I also mentioned that when entering a channel number in the guide eg channel 103 or any 3 digit channel the 3rd digit is not accepted if you keep trying it will freeze Kodi causing it to crash.

What's the highest channel number you have? Are the three digit numbers you try valid channel numbers? Please post a crash log here. Then I can try to fix this.
(2018-06-19, 20:31)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 20:15)richardc1983 Wrote:
I also mentioned that when entering a channel number in the guide eg channel 103 or any 3 digit channel the 3rd digit is not accepted if you keep trying it will freeze Kodi causing it to crash.

What's the highest channel number you have? Are the three digit numbers you try valid channel numbers? Please post a crash log here. Then I can try to fix this.

The highest number is 794 but the channel I am trying to tune to is 103, itv HD. It works fine if I do it from live TV with no onscreen guide displayed, eg when full screen TV is playing no problems.

The two logs alresdy posted should have those crashes in also specific to this problem.

A small non important niggle is the "cleanup library" popup window progress updates when starting Kodi. "hide library updates" is turned off in the settings for all video, music etc but the pop up window still show up. This has been there since the final V17 and is there in V18 Nightlies.
(2018-06-19, 20:39)richardc1983 Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 20:31)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 20:15)richardc1983 Wrote: I also mentioned that when entering a channel number in the guide eg channel 103 or any 3 digit channel the 3rd digit is not accepted if you keep trying it will freeze Kodi causing it to crash.

The highest number is 794 but the channel I am trying to tune to is 103, itv HD. It works fine if I do it from live TV with no onscreen guide displayed, eg when full screen TV is playing no problems.

The two logs alresdy posted should have those crashes in also specific to this problem.

A small non important niggle is the "cleanup library" popup window progress updates when starting Kodi. "hide library updates" is turned off in the settings for all video, music etc but the pop up window still show up. This has been there since the final V17 and is there in V18 Nightlies.

Please do not mix in arbitrary other topics in this thread. Open one thread for every problem. Otherwise it's hard to keep track what is discussed where. Thanks.
(2018-06-19, 20:41)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 20:39)richardc1983 Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 20:31)ksooo Wrote: What's the highest channel number you have? Are the three digit numbers you try valid channel numbers? Please post a crash log here. Then I can try to fix this.

Please do not mix in arbitrary other topics in this thread. Open one thread for every problem. Otherwise it's hard to keep track what is discussed where. Thanks.

Ah ok I was trying to keep it specific, on this occasion can I leave them here. There's 3 issues now addressed? I will know for next time to post separately.
There is absolutely no pvr activity in the logs you have provided, neither epg window opening nor channel tuning / playback ... whatever.
(2018-06-19, 21:01)ksooo Wrote: There is absolutely no pvr activity in the logs you have provided, neither epg window opening nor channel tuning / playback ... whatever.

I'm very confused as I did this several times to recreate the sound issue.
(2018-06-19, 21:07)richardc1983 Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 21:01)ksooo Wrote: There is absolutely no pvr activity in the logs you have provided, neither epg window opening nor channel tuning / playback ... whatever.

I'm very confused as I did this several times to recreate the sound issue.

Then you uploaded the wrong logs, sorry. Both contain a successful Kodi startup, followed by library scanning and last, successful log upload. I cannot see anything suspicious wrt PVR or even a crash.
The sound issues did it on channel 4 then 5, took 2 or 3 attempts of skipping back 10s before it would be in sync and volume controllable.

Then at 2023 Kodi crashed when I tried to tune to a 3 channel valid numbered channel. I tried repeatedly.

You'll also see when Kodi starts up the box showing its doing a library update pops up even though it's turned off to show the notification.

Try these new logs https://paste.kodi.tv/apegubeyep
(2018-06-19, 21:33)richardc1983 Wrote: The sound issues did it on channel 4 then 5, took 2 or 3 attempts of skipping back 10s before it would be in sync and volume controllable.

Then at 2023 Kodi crashed when I tried to tune to a 3 channel valid numbered channel. I tried repeatedly.

You'll also see when Kodi starts up the box showing its doing a library update pops up even though it's turned off to show the notification.

Much more in the log this time. :-)

And the sudden end of the file indicates that Kodi might have ended not gracefully (aka crashed. But there is no sign that it crashed in the channel number handler. I suspect that the crash is due to not being able to decode the channel stream properly. At least there are lots of ffmpeg and video errors in that log. But I'm not at all an expert on the latter. Maybe @FernetMenta has a clue?
(2018-06-19, 22:55)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 21:33)richardc1983 Wrote: The sound issues did it on channel 4 then 5, took 2 or 3 attempts of skipping back 10s before it would be in sync and volume controllable.

Much more in the log this time. :-)

And the sudden end of the file indicates that Kodi might have ended not gracefully (aka crashed. But there is no sign that it crashed in the channel number handler. I suspect that the crash is due to not being able to decode the channel stream properly. At least there are lots of ffmpeg and video errors in that log. But I'm not at all an expert on the latter. Maybe @FernetMenta has a clue?

I can reproduce the channel issue even with no channel tuned and just being in the guide with a blank screen, only when I enter the third digit which doesn't register or show on the screen so you keep pressing it and then it crashes, can change to a 3 digit channel while on full screen live tv no problems.

See log below specifically showing the crash issue... This may also show TV and rrecordings playback with transcoding turned off due to the issues posted on the other log.

Do you also know why the library update notification box comes up everytime Kodi restarts? Even though notification is turned off?

https://paste.kodi.tv/boduraculi
Any update at all guys?
Just chasing for an update?
Any update at all?

Also having other issues where live TV and recordings get a flicker on the screen. It's doing it across multiple clients so know it's not the TV screen or client computer.

Reluctant to report other issues when this doesnt seem to be getting sorted.

Getting a lot of grief off her indoors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV/Recordings Sound/Video Out of Sync on V18 Leia - With Logs...0