Feature Request: Set media content, be able to CREATE NEW
This is a feature request.
For years we've been limited to the same old Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos. 
I've surpassed these simple three media content categories. 
I'd like to be able to break my media collection down into more sub-groups. And, at the software layer, into smaller databases for easier management. 

I'd like to see a new feature which should not be too difficult to add since most of the coding is already done in other areas. 

I'd like to see a NEW button in the SET MEDIA type.
We have three media types, as above, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos. 
On the left is the usual OK, CANCEL. 
Can you add a feature to have NEW in the buttons where it says OK, CANCEL? 
I'd like to break my movies down into, well, like all the digital delivery companies have which I don't need to say, like:
Sci-Fi
Comedy
Horror
Drama
Etc
...or keep with the simple old three.

Thanks,
David.
KODI already sorts by 'Genre' using all the standard descriptions.  Skins offer custom shortcuts as do playlists.  They can be applied to the home menu for even more convenience.  IE:  3D Movies, HDR MOVIES, Sci-Fi movies, Kids Music, etc.  Best to group in corresponding folders, assign a unique name for those folders, and edit them into the menu as main categories or sub categories.  The choices are endless.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Might be of use... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: Set media content, be able to CREATE NEW0