Playing a video from DialogVideoInfo
What's the command for doing this? I have:

xml:
                <control type="grouplist">
                    <control type="button" id="97">
                        <onclick></onclick>
                    </control>
                </control>

but I'm not sure what to put in there. I've tried a couple that seemed likely, like Play or Select to no avail. The skin came with SendClick(movieinformation,8), which works, but as much as I've looked I don't see anywhere listing what the 8 stands for (other than it being an "id"), and most importantly, it closes the Info dialog, which I really don't want. I know it's possible to open the video without closing the dialog because that's how it works on the skin sio2, but the syntax in there confuses me (plus it seems to be the same, just SendClick(8) instead, so I really don't know how it's done).
https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=List_o...eoInfo.xml

8 is the play video button.
Oh, right, thanks. That's too bad then, because it seems there is no way to circumvent how it closes the info dialog, or is there? I was wrong about the skin I mentioned, it, too, closes it. Maybe with some other function? Some script-calling magic?
nope, dialogs must be closed before kodi can switch to another window (ie. fullscreen playback).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
<onclick>close</onlick>
<onclick>Dotheotherstuff</onclick>
<onclick>Andthisstufftoo</onclick>
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2018-06-07, 09:35)ronie Wrote: nope, dialogs must be closed before kodi can switch to another window (ie. fullscreen playback).
 Damn... is there no way around this at all? Any hope for it to be included someday if I request it as a feature - or is it like this by design? Maybe if instead of using DialogVideoInfo to display all this, I use an <onclick> on the "main view", that changes the entire view to the DialogVideoInfo? Does that sound doable?
Quote:<onclick>close</onlick>
<onclick>Dotheotherstuff</onclick>
<onclick>Andthisstufftoo</onclick>

I feel like this could also be a workaround for a smoother transition. My idea with this would be for the first onclick to fade the screen to black, and then the second one opens the video... the idea being that the video opens "from" the dark screen. For this to be possible I'd need a way for the black screen image to be over all other controls, so that when the video is opened it stays on top of DialogVideoInfo closing. Doable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing a video from DialogVideoInfo0