Req Movie and TV-Show Progress with multiple users
It would be nice, if each user had its own watched progress.

So Mum and Dad have seen 2 episodes of TV Show A and child 1, 2 and 3 5 episodes. 

When hovering over a Episode it would be nice which user has seen it already, so the others could catch up so the family can watch the tv show together at one point.
Kodi is indeed still not a multi-user application, which is unfortunate. The biggest change for that would be adapting the database schemas, and after that the application itself of course.

But until now, no dev has offered such a solution, so things will remain as-is.
MrVicenmart - I had a similar "issue" until I discovered Emby. I am using Emby server as my database (user-specific watch statuses and as a bonus if you set it up also accessable via web from any device) and Kodi as a front-end. This way I can have both, the flexibility and awesomeness of Kodi and the per-user database, transcoding and availablity from Emby. There is an addon which syncs the database/watch status from Emby to Kodi and vice versa so it keeps in-sync. Maybe this also might help you.
Thank you for your answer. 

I was trying to do it with Plex server instead of Emby. And with an addon for Kodi (PlexKodiConnect), sync databases. But now I see your answer and i asked myself, What is the best way to do this, with Plex or with Emby?

Thank you
Hey, Emby and Plex are very similar in functionality. I would say Plex is easier to set-up but Emby is more customizable. Both are fine tools.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie and TV-Show Progress with multiple users0