AV-Sync / Audio Offset finer steps
Hey there,
I would like to have smaller steps in the Audio Offset setting (Hotkey a while playing Video). I'm pretty sensible to A/V being out of sync and think the 25ms default is a bit to much for me and would like to decrease it to maybe 5ms.
I know i can set the offset manually to ans ms value in the xml config, but would love to keep on using the slider just have finer steps in there.
According to the Audio-to-video synchronization wiki, the ITU performed strictly controlled tests with expert viewers and found that the threshold for detectability is -125ms to +45ms. For film, acceptable lip sync is considered to be no more than 22 milliseconds in either direction (according to who is not clear). The range for video, according to the ATSC, is up to 15 ms lead time and about 45 ms lag time.

As sound travels at 343m/s, or 34cm/ms, a 45ms delay/advance is equal to moving your speaker further away/closer to the viewer by 15.5m (which is hard to test in a living room). But a 5ms delay/advance equates to 1.7m which is a doable test at home. So test if you can really notice a 5ms delay/advance by moving your speakers back/forward in relation to the screen... just be careful of conformational bias Wink

ITU would say it's just your imagination as expert viewers can only discern greater than -125ms delay or +45ms advance ....  Confused

As to how you can set the -/+ step for delay buttons on a remote within Kodi, sorry i have no idea.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
That wasnt helpful at all. I really dont care, what "experts" might have said. Also I dont really think being an audio expert gives you better senses.

Anyway, I hear that -175ms is not enough and -200 is too much. So, yes I do notice do that.

I'm just looking for a way to have smaller steps when cofiguring sync via gui. I'm pretty confident that the step size is hidden in some config and not compiled into the executable. I just need to know where...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AV-Sync / Audio Offset finer steps0