Android How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
(2018-06-13, 04:29)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 10:45)graviphoton Wrote: Very good guide, thanks.
Is it possible to create smart playlist with next TV show episode (not random one unplayed)?

Ok, so I looked into this and there is a way to do it, though it may not be what you're looking for. You need to explain exactly what it is you want to do.

EDIT:  See the 3rd post.   
It is what most of us intuitively expect from Play Next channel for series - list of episodes for started TV shows, one episode per show and exactly the next one after last watched episode of this show. Something like Continue Watching on Netflix (if I rememeber correctly as I tested Netflix only for limited time).

I think this is the main goal Google aim - aggregate content from all aps to home screen and avoid searching or listing in app itself as much as possible so user can easily start consuming content.
(2018-06-07, 17:39)Tinwarble Wrote: TV Shows.

I was going to do a guide for adding TV Show Episodes, however due to some compatibility issue with Kodi's metadata and the Android TV Home launcher that got nixed.  It seems that when you add a playlist for episodes the launcher doesn't pick up the correct Season #, rather it's using the Episode # for both Season and Episode.

The image above should show Season 1 Episode 4, but shows Season 4.   Unfortunately I'm not sure why this is happening, but you should be aware that if you add an episodes playlist it will show the wrong info.
No it is not what I am looking for. But thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Yesterday I jumped to Kodi 18 (latest nightie) I am eager to test and play with abilities of new version (my wife is not so happy I broke her rutine, interface is different and not all is working as it should).
I also noticed problem with season number. I can get list of last watched TV shows (easy). I can get list of last added episodes (easy) / movies in genre(s) (easy). But I did not find any obvious way how to limit episodes to one per TV show. (See images in Testing Kodi 18 alpha on Nvidia Shield Android TV.)
Maybe combining two smart playlists is the solution...

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo) - by graviphoton - 2018-06-13, 08:08
Add TV channels - by moamoa - 2022-10-16, 21:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)2