• 3(current)
Android How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
I see you closed the PR so is this dead for now?
I see a comment that it's "already fixed". If so, is it in the latest Kodi nightlies?
(2018-07-27, 09:48)Hitcher Wrote: I see you closed the PR so is this dead for now?
No, just delayed until I can figure somethings out or someone else decides to PR it.

(2018-07-27, 16:17)hdmkv Wrote: I see a comment that it's "already fixed". If so, is it in the latest Kodi nightlies?

That's referring to something else, not the PR specifically.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-28, 19:05)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-07-27, 09:48)Hitcher Wrote: I see you closed the PR so is this dead for now?
No, just delayed until I can figure somethings out or someone else decides to PR it. 
I opened a PR today, hopefully i did nothing wrong.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14244
It is fixed! The fix should be in the next nightly.
Good news. I'm new to the Shield so how do I bring up this menu -

(2018-07-30, 19:16)Hitcher Wrote: Good news. I'm new to the Shield so how do I bring up this menu -

On your home screen, just scroll down. At the bottom you will see something like "Customize Channels", click on it. Then you see all apps, which support channels and you can dis-/enable the channels individually for the apps. There you find Kodi and all the channels/smart playlists.
Thanks.

EDIT: Needed a restart but got it working.
(2018-06-07, 17:39)Tinwarble Wrote: Creating a Recently Added movies channel.

As above, go to Videos > Playlist > New smart playlist.... select Type: Movies and then create a New rule.

For this rule you'll need to select Date added and in the last.  In the text box type in the number of days you want to go back for when a file was added to the library.

After you have added the rule, select:
Limited to       (whatever you want)
Order by          Date added
Order               descending

This will make sure that the most recently added item is displayed first.

Now select OK and name your playlist.

Creating a Random Movies channel.

Create a New rule and select Play count and is (leave the text box blank)

After you have added the rule, select:
Limited to        (whatever you want)
Order by           Random
Order                ascending/descending

Now select OK and name your playlist

You should now be able to go back to the launcher and add each Playlist Channel.

Question about the Recently Added Playlist. When I look at the playlist in Kodi, the "order by"-rule is followed. But the order in the channel is diffrent. For example, i added a new movie yesterday, in Kodi it is the first entry, but it is the fourth in the channel.

Does someone have the same experience. I'm running the Kodi 18 Alpha 3, but also same bug in Beta 1 and the latest Shield version 7.0.2.
Yea i totally agree with you Tinwarble
Hello,
this is great and Im very happy with it. works fine!

But i have a idea. Its posible to create a smart playlist with the tvchanels (PVR)Huh
Found this thread thank you Tinwarble very good guide. I was able to add a couple channels the one I'm having trouble creating is one for current episodes. I was able to create a playlist that shows my in progress TV Shows by doing the following:
Type TV shows with the rules of Title contains all my TV shows and In progress true.

This is close to what I want but it shows the TV shows thumb and not the most recent episode thumb on the Android TV launcher screen. It also opens up to the current season screen instead of the current episode.

I have tried different episode settings and rules for hours and can't get a Netflix style continue watching shortcut for the next episode. I was hoping someone who has already done this could throw me a bone and post a screenshot of their next episode smart playlist or a short step by step walk-through on how to set it up properly as I am stumped. Thank you.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Thread is so helpful thank you! great tutorial!
Hello, I'm very new with my Nvidia Shield, but long years experienced with Kodi.

Since long time, I can only create intellegent playlists. The function generate smart list I never saw since long time in Kodi.
I checked different skins and can't find generate smart list.
Is it important for additional channels to generate conseqent a smart playlist? Or it doesn't matter if a smart or an intelligent
smartlist is used for channels?

I use the newest Kodi nightly build.
I see all my playlist for adding channels in the Shield, BUT...they are all shown as empty, even they work pretty good in Kodi.
I rebootet the Shield several times, without any effect...the playlists are shown as empty.

What should I do?
(2018-11-24, 01:37)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Hello, I'm very new with my Nvidia Shield, but long years experienced with Kodi.

Since long time, I can only create intellegent playlists. The function generate smart list I never saw since long time in Kodi.
I checked different skins and can't find generate smart list.
Is it important for additional channels to generate conseqent a smart playlist? Or it doesn't matter if a smart or an intelligent
smartlist is used for channels?

I use the newest Kodi nightly build.
I see all my playlist for adding channels in the Shield, BUT...they are all shown as empty, even they work pretty good in Kodi.
I rebootet the Shield several times, without any effect...the playlists are shown as empty.

What should I do?
 Videos > Playlists > New smart playlist.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)2