• 6(current)
Android How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
ATV Sucks!
(2019-04-07, 18:21)holydhaliwal Wrote: Is there any way we can get the channels to display landscape art instead? Not fanart, but 16:9 artwork with logos like this:

It would also be great if we could have the channels mix and match types of artwork like Plex does. For example, if we could have it show posters for movies but landscape art for TV shows.

Another great feature would be to have the channels display more info such as year, plot, run time and a star rating similar to how the Google Play Movies channel looks. IMO it looks a lot more polished and useful:

Exactly what I am looking for!
Would be grateful for suggestions!Smile
(2019-04-24, 19:47)djneil Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 18:21)holydhaliwal Wrote: Is there any way we can get the channels to display landscape art instead? Not fanart, but 16:9 artwork with logos like this:

It would also be great if we could have the channels mix and match types of artwork like Plex does. For example, if we could have it show posters for movies but landscape art for TV shows.

Another great feature would be to have the channels display more info such as year, plot, run time and a star rating similar to how the Google Play Movies channel looks. IMO it looks a lot more polished and useful:

I actually ended up making these changes myself and will probably make a pull request on the weekend.
(2019-04-24, 23:41)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 19:47)djneil Wrote:

I actually ended up making these changes myself and will probably make a pull request on the weekend. 
Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.
(2019-03-19, 11:19)kperi Wrote:
(2019-02-27, 10:40)ErikSpyder Wrote: To refresh pictures in Kodi playlist Channels. Open Leia, on the main menu and click Home button using Shield remote...
 When click home button using my shield remote in kodi Leia simply i return in the main menu of shield!!!
NO refresh pictures.

Could you explain better what you mean ?

Thanks 

Yes you return to the Shield Main Menu and Kodi Playlist Channel pictures are refreshed.
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 23:41)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 19:47)djneil Wrote: Exactly what I am looking for!

Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.   
Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Here's a video preview of my personal branch:

(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 23:41)holydhaliwal Wrote: I actually ended up making these changes myself and will probably make a pull request on the weekend.    
Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Looks awesome, you're using landscape if available and poster as fallback?
I'm definitely interested in this one Smile
(2019-05-28, 15:18)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote: Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.    

Have you used the app channels someone posted on the geforce forums. You can set any youtube subscription as a channel on android tv. Some even have video previews made me wonder if it would be possible to set movie trailers as video previews for Kodi channels.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-youtube-/
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote: Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.    

The logic is it uses landscape if available and if the movie and tv show has a high rating, so as to highlight media more worth highlighting. It also uses different channel icons depending on whether it has the words "movie" or "tv show" in the playlist (can't remember the exact rules I set up) The version in the video is my personal branch which isn't on GitHub. I believe the only differences between what's on GitHub and what's in the video is the lack of branding (custom icons) and the lack of Play Next support, which I'm populating from Plex Kodi Connect nodes. I also added the ability to use favorites instead of just smart playlists, however, it uses the skin helper widgets script in order to achieve this, so it's also not in the general version on GitHub. I'll PM you.

Edit: Ah your pm limit is reached.
(2019-05-29, 03:24)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote: Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

The logic is it uses landscape if available and if the movie and tv show has a high rating, so as to highlight media more worth highlighting. It also uses different channel icons depending on whether it has the words "movie" or "tv show" in the playlist (can't remember the exact rules I set up) The version in the video is my personal branch which isn't on GitHub. I believe the only differences between what's on GitHub and what's in the video is the lack of branding (custom icons) and the lack of Play Next support, which I'm populating from Plex Kodi Connect nodes. I also added the ability to use favorites instead of just smart playlists, however, it uses the skin helper widgets script in order to achieve this, so it's also not in the general version on GitHub. I'll PM you.

It really has been quite lately in my inbox, I've opened up some space if u can re-pm Smile
Look fantastic just what i have been searching for if you could send it my way too please
(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote: Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Still full! Probably I took to long to send it and it filled up again. If you could pm me directly and I will reply as soon as I receive it.
(2019-05-31, 15:58)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 15:18)cartman.dos Wrote: Looks awesome, you're using landscape if available and poster as fallback?

Still full! Probably I took to long to send it and it filled up again. If you could pm me directly and I will reply as soon as I receive it.

Nah I cleared my inbox but it still says 100% full so prob a forum bug. Anyways I've seen u sent the pr on xbmc repo and just need some adjustments to approve, so that's great.

Everything in the video you posted above looks incredible, the custom icons, the leanback experience and even the skin. Being able to populate the channels with favorites is something I have been wanting to do for a while. "Play next" would also be fantastic to have. Did you manage to push the code to Kodi master? I would love to try your custom variant otherwise.
Hey all,

I bit of help would be handy Smile
My media organised in folders, would like to have them on TV organised by channels.
Any idea how to create a channel from local folders?

hdd/movies_hd
hdd/movies_marvel
hdd/movies_ser
hdd/movies_home
hdd/music_all
hdd/music_Albums
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)2