• 7(current)
Android How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
Follow the guide and use path contains as your rules for each path.
(2019-11-07, 18:36)Hitcher Wrote: Follow the guide and use path contains as your rules for each path.

I didnt catch de point...did I overlook something?
There is no rules for folder shares , like Browsing Files through Folders. ( no database, just folder structure )
That was the question, how to create channels from Folders, not through database/rules.
New to Shield but long time user of Kodi.

My custom home channels on the shield are using the (16x9)  landscape/thumb images instead of poster images so everything is cropped off and looks just horrible. I am using the Aeon Nox skin if that makes any difference. Is there anything I can do to configure Android/Shield to use the actual poster or folder images instead?

EDIT: I have figured out that it will use the poster image if you don't have a thumb.jpg. I don't understand why it wouldn't default to using the poster image since it's the correct aspect ratio and fallback from there to a different image name.

(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 23:41)holydhaliwal Wrote: I actually ended up making these changes myself and will probably make a pull request on the weekend.    
Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.     
Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Here's a video preview of my personal branch:

@holydhaliwal I am really impressed by this video. I think every KODI user on Android TV wants this functionality. Please is there any progress with official Kodi integration?
(2020-01-11, 19:17)graviphoton Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote: Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.     
Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

@holydhaliwal I am really impressed by this video. I think every KODI user on Android TV wants this functionality. Please is there any progress with official Kodi integration? 

Some of the metadata improvements were added but the devs nixed it for the v18 and only accepted for v19. Though in my opinion it was a cosmetic improvement rather than functional so should have been accepted for v18. In the future I am hoping this functionality is either moved to a plugin or at least controllable by using the advancesettings file so we can set if we want to use poster or background and what metadata we want to be shown 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16821
(2019-04-30, 14:29)cartman.dos Wrote: Pls PR this or do you have it on git maybe? i use self compiled version anyway and I'd love to have that feature added.     

This would be amazing for me as well!

I use Emby with Emby for KODI plugin (i have a synology server). The "Play Next" channel never actually worked for kodi
And also, I notice, for the custom playlist channels to populate I need to leave KODI open in the background. On that matter, google assistant only works that way too. With KODI closed nothing happens.
(2019-02-27, 10:40)ErikSpyder Wrote: To refresh pictures in Kodi playlist Channels. Open Leia, on the main menu and click Home button using Shield remote...

After hours of mucking around, trying to find why icons would not show on the Kodi channels, such a simple fix.
This worked for both my 2017 Shield, as well as a Sony Android TV (clicking home on the remote from Kodi).
Thank you.
I can do the everything fine for movies and TV shows, but what about music? I've created a smart playlist and add the artists but the android detects the channel as empty, probably it has to do with the rules of the playlist right?
Is there a way to create a pvr list? How can I do it? Thanks.
(2020-01-11, 22:31)DNKK Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote: Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Some of the metadata improvements were added but the devs nixed it for the v18 and only accepted for v19. Though in my opinion it was a cosmetic improvement rather than functional so should have been accepted for v18. In the future I am hoping this functionality is either moved to a plugin or at least controllable by using the advancesettings file so we can set if we want to use poster or background and what metadata we want to be shown 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16821

Has there perhaps been any progress on this?

And do you know how to get the play next to work? It's doesn't show up on my shield home screen at all..
Hey guys,

i have crashes because of the "Suggestions" channel. See here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19985
How can i stop kodi from populating data to Android TV?

Thanks
Hey guys, finally fixed my issue, see the solution here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...nt=1047782

pOpY
Can these channels only be created for content that you have saved onto your device?.... i.e it wont work for content from streaming addons.
I am using Kodi on an Android TV box, to play files shared on my network. This works as it should. I like to organize movies into group folders (for example Tales from the Crypt) with individual subfolders per movie file.
Now, I would like to create a playlist that searches a genre folder for any new subfolders and adds any new files that it finds to the playlist, and removes any that have been removed.

I tried creating a smart playlist with a only Path that Begins with, but I got no results. Should that have worked?
Does the Smart Playlist rely on the library by any chance, or should it (be able to) work over SMB? (I have the Kodi library disabled.)
(2021-10-06, 15:39)K_User Wrote: Does the Smart Playlist rely on the library
Yes, exclusively so if it's not in the library, search or smart  playlists will find nothing. With library listings, your smart playlist with a path rule will work and handle new subfolders and add any new files that it finds to the playlist, and removes any that have been removed. "should it (be able to) work over SMB?" as long as the videos are scraped in as part of the library and be available, should work.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)2