Bluray not working
When I put a Blu-ray Disc in and it will not play. I’m in Australia and I have changed the region to B yet it still will not read blurays only DVD’s
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Do you have anything running to do the decryption? as Kodi Blu-ray support does not include decryption of retail disc by default.
I’m very new to koki so it’s just original setting with nothing added. I’ll give the debug a go and see if that works. Thankyou
@Munkrecords

I don't think you understood the post from @jjd-uk. Kodi will not play an encrypted bluray disk. Most movies on Bluray that you purchase in a store are encrypted.

A google search for "can't play blu ray on pc" or similar will explain why.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ah. Now I understand. Thanks for that. I’m sure I’ll find something on YouTube to explain how to fix that. If not do you have any recommendations
Most members use ripping software to rip the bluray to a hard drive, which removes the encryption at the same time, then Kodi can play it. The benefit is no need to fiddle with disks and disk drives, and you can get the disk playing a lot quicker.

Many members use Handbrake. Another popular one is DVDFab, but that one is a paid product.

A google search will help if neither of those suit you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That’s what I’ll be doing for myself but I wanted to make a media centre for my parents where they can buy new dvds and blurays and play it on the unit. If I can’t do that then they’ll just have to use their player along side the media centre. Thanks for all your help
If you want to play retail discs directly then you need something doing the decryption in the background, if you run Windows then DVDFab Passkey Lite (which is free) may work, or Anydvdhd (which is paid), and there's also a method using MakeMKV also I think, but from what I've read that seems bit more involved in getting set up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray not working0