approx 40gb UHD TrueHD mkv - cannot play on Xbox One S - to be expected?
Hey guys

Bought an Xbox today after giving up on the Shield (always disconnects half way through a movie), and seem to be hitting multiple problems.
Looks like Dolby Atmos could be an issue, but more than that - cannot get big 4K MKV files to play.

Is that to be expected on an Xbox ?  Looking like I'm going to be returning this too.
*sigh*
A debug log (wiki) is always helpful for some further insight.
Sure, I can go down that route.  It was more a question of whether the unit should be capable at this point, rather than getting you guys to start delving into whether things are working or not.
(2018-06-08, 19:39)dubster Wrote: Looks like Dolby Atmos could be an issue, but more than that - cannot get big 4K MKV files to play.

Please read sticked threads before creating new one. All was explained multiple times.
(2018-06-08, 21:25)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-06-08, 19:39)dubster Wrote: Looks like Dolby Atmos could be an issue, but more than that - cannot get big 4K MKV files to play.

Please read sticked threads before creating new one. All was explained multiple times.

Hmm, I read the Important thread about known issues, I couldnt see anything in there about either. 
(2018-06-08, 23:13)dubster Wrote: Hmm, I read the Important thread about known issues, I couldnt see anything in there about either. 
I don't know what you exactly read. But here is https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326228

(2017-12-30, 15:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Passthrough audio not working - Not supported by Microsoft for 3rd party apps
Means that passthrough (including Dolby Atmos) doesn't work.

(2017-12-30, 15:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Playback of HEVC Main 10 can cause the app to crash - temporary disabled in master and will be in next Store update (compiled version at least: 20180106)
It means that hw decoding acceleration for 4K UHD video was disabled i.e. 4K UHD videos will be decoded by CPU that makes it doesn't work well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
approx 40gb UHD TrueHD mkv - cannot play on Xbox One S - to be expected?0