Solved 17.6 has stopped scanning for new media
Kodi appears to have completely stopped scanning for all media. It's not that it doesn't find any results, it appears to never even try. It says it's watching folders, and then does nothing.

I first realized this was happening a week ago, but I'm not sure if it was before or after I did the Windows 10 April update. Haven't had issues before, but I did have a weird computer crash around this time as well that lost all my Kodi environment and theme settings (sources and profiles were still there).

I thought it was just happening with TV, but I confirmed tonight that it's movies as well. 

Things I've tried:
1) Manually updating
2) Changing scraper from TVDB to XEM (I think this worked once but has since stopped)
3) Deleting the source and readding
4) Manually adding a folder as a new source

I can play the media just fine if I browse to it through Files.

Here's a debug log:
<removed>
Hello @Mordred

Unfortunately the log does not have what is needed.

Could you create the log again, but this time run an Update Library. Lets see if that shows the problem

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can do that, but it should update on startup though. Is there some setting that might be suppressing that?
There is this setting... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...on_startup

But a manual Update LIbrary from the left sideblade menu is fine... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sideblade_Menu

or

Go to Videos>Files>your Source, pick a movie that is not scraping and press the i button to call up the movie information page. This should start a manual scan of that one item... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...ual_Titles
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, that was the setting that was disabled. Re-enabling it and restarting everything is scanning well again. When I thought it wasn't scanning earlier on a manual rescan it had just named something weird so I missed it in the list.
Ok, sounds like it is all fixed. I'll mark this as solved.

Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.6 has stopped scanning for new media0