Apple tv 4k with Kodi trouble with NAS
Hey, 

I just installed Kodi on Apple TV 4k. That was pretty easy, and it works great! 

However, I have trouble setting up my media library, because Kodi can't find my NAS when it is installed on Apple TV. I find it through Upnp, but then I cannot add it to my library.

I want to use my NAS as a pure file storage location. I dont want to decode the movie on the NAS and stream it.

Is there anyone who has some experience with this? 

Best regards
Wilhelm
Is Kodi on your Apple TV 4K the only Kodi client in your household to use the NAS? Then perhaps UPnP is not the best protocol.
Using SMB is maybe a more direct file protocol to serve your media files. With SMB you will have to use the "Add network location..." option and use full credentials (username and password of the SMB share) to connect to your NAS.
Yeah, Kodi on Apple TV 4k is my only Kodi in the household. I had to throw my old computer out when I moved in with my girlfriend Smile 

So the NAS is set up on the SMB already? Or do I have to set it up to have a smb-address? If it's already set up, how do I find the full network address?
Moving to iOS.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Whatever your NAS is, i'm guessing that SMB is enabled as a file sharing protocol. It is the least thing it can do Tongue

Your NAS will have a user and and password as well, linked to the whole NAS or to just a share on the NAS. You need to know how it is set up.

Connecting Kodi is now done via the "Add a network location..." option. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sour...ng_Sources , step 6, and choose "Add". Enter full credentials (usernam+password) and enter the full path on the NAS where to find your share. Things from there on should work as advertised.
Thanks for the guide Smile It seems pretty straightforward. 

Then I just need to find the NAS' IP-address. I haven't set up a static IP-address, so that might be a bit plundersome. Anyways, thanks for the help! I think I know where to look now
Setting a fixed IP address is best done via your router.
Also upnp is not supported with our library as you already figured out ... just as an official statement Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
For what it's worth I could not get my NAS working via the apple tv client either (multiple protocols eg NFS, SMB etc). It's not an issue for me though as my media is in Emby and I use the EmbyCon addon to connect..couple that with the Embuary skin and it all works very well (with the exception of 4k HDR movies showing dull colours...but I'm not sure if that's a general kodi issue or one for the apple tv only)
If you are using Kodi 18 "Leia" smb1 support has been cut off I believe. So you will need to make sure your NAS. Synology in my case supports smb2 and 3. There is also a setting in Kodi under svc that show allow you to adjust from lowest and highest smb protocol. Seek Kodi forums or google for more info. Also you must use IP vs. hostname in your samba shares. Zerocofig works partially but doesn't allow you to list the contents. Only map it initially as a source.

I experienced this in detail yesterday with my Zidoo box. Of course onCDe you map the ip you can rename it to your hostname of that server or pc as you wish if your memory fails like mine does with IP addresses all over your network. Goos luck!
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 4k with Kodi trouble with NAS0