No movies showing in the "Movies" menu (central db)
I've been spending most of the past weekend figuring out how to set up a central db. And yesterday late afternoon I got it "working".

However after doing a "Set Content" and allowing it to finish scraping the movie db I have an empty overview of movies. I can select the collections such as genre and alike, but no movies show below that line. And when clicking on the collection Kodi crashes or does nothing except playing a "select" sound.

I am running a Nvidia Shield as my main Kodi and have set up a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with LibreELEC as my secondary. Both are connected to my Router which exposes two HDD's using Samba. Connected to my router I have my central db which is an Raspberry Pi 2 B running Raspbian. Yesterday the problem was connecting to my RPi 2, but that seems to work now.

I have yet to set up my RPi 3, but won't do that until my Shield works as intended.

Does anyone know why my movie list is empty?

I have made sure that a db table is created on my central db, however I have not checked if it contains anything yet. I will check the kodi.log to see if that contains any information as soon as I get home today.

I guess a full wipe of my Kodi installation could be worth the trouble (if not someone has an idea), after which I could transfer all the required config files over to the device again.
(2018-06-11, 07:20)zeliax Wrote: Both are connected to my Router which exposes two HDD's using Samba
Hmm... Routers are not updated that often, so chances are it is still using the now deprecated SMBv1 protocol. Sad
Or do you have the 2 HDDs connected to a different device?

(2018-06-11, 07:20)zeliax Wrote: I have yet to set up my RPi 3, but won't do that until my Shield works as intended.
Does anyone know why my movie list is empty?
First things first. We need to know if the Kodi client (NVShieldTV) is connecting properly to the database.
So please provide a debug log (wiki) file for further details.
Yeah.

I believe it is running Samba v1. I remember running a powershell command that returned version 1.5. Both HDD's are connected to my Router via USB (one using USB 2.0, the other using USB 3.0).

I guess a workaround could be connecting the HDD's directly to my RPi 2 (which is running the database), if that is a possibility?

I will supply a debug log as soon as I get home.

EDIT:
I friend of mine told me about something called DD-WRT which seems to be supported by my router, however their database is currently under maintenance, so I can't confirm. However that should maybe support higher versions of Samba.
Connecting the HDDs to the Rpi is an option if you also have a powered USB hub, or if both external USB cases have their own power supply.
Before doing anything else I will try to fix my current setup, so I know I have a setup that works.

It seems that it is unable to query my DB. 

Code:

17:00:41.626 T:137971631184   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT movie_view.idSet,COUNT(1) AS c FROM movie_view JOIN sets ON sets.idSet = movie_view.idSet GROUP BY movie_view.idSet HAVING c>1

Full log

To add on what I wrote above. I checked MySQL.

I seem to have a Db named MyVideos107 and a couple of tables like below.

Code:

- MyVideos107
--- actor
--- actor_link
--- bookmark
--- country
--- country_link
--- director_link
--- episode
--- files
--- genre
--- genre_link
--- movie
--- movielinktvshow
--- musicvideo
--- path
--- settings
--- stacktimes
--- studio
--- tvshow
--- tvshowlinkpath
--- version
--- write_link

Checking the queries that Kodi is trying to do, I don't see any tables with names similar to what's in the query.

Could that be the problem? And if so, how to I fix it?

EDIT1:
I have started trying to create a new DB by dropping the old one, and letting Kodi create a new one. I also removed my old "network locations" so I will try and import the videos this time.

EDIT2:
I found that the import only works if you use single file. And I didn't export it that way. So I added my network locations again, and started a regular scrape. Differently from yesterday Kodi didn't crash during the setup. I don't know if that could be the source of my problems. I checked my DB and it created 36 tables (more than I had before, which was 21). So hopefully this was my problem. I'm following along with the count on the movies it scrapes by, and so far it has scraped close to 200/600 I believe.

EDIT3:
Okay. Things are looking up. I checked it this morning, and it seems that the re-creating the database was the solution. The library for the movies is up and running and I started syncing the series library this morning, so when I get home later today it should be done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No movies showing in the "Movies" menu (central db)0