Channel switching times and channel cd cover + visualization
Question 
Hey, me again.

Have switched to DVBViewer in the kodi 17 times, because of the fast channel switching times of the addon and backend.

Recently, after I have updated to kodi 18, my feeling is that the channel switching times are slower and also the cd cover with the channel logo is shown a few milliseconds. Also sometimes, in the background a music visualization is visible until the stream starts.

Is this a known issue?
Or is this an configuration issue?

Thx pOpY
As far as I remember ffmpeg analyzing has been extended. However you might try with timeshifting disabled or on-demand to see if there's any difference.

I don't see much of a difference here. At least not measurable without doing 40 switches and calculating a standard deviation :-)

Also there's new (and more correct) timeshifting synchronization code in the newest PVR version (the one with autotimers support). It's not included in the PVR version shipped with nightlies yet.
(2018-06-11, 22:37)manül Wrote: As far as I remember ffmpeg analyzing has been extended. However you might try with timeshifting disabled or on-demand to see if there's any difference.

I don't see much of a difference here. At least not measurable without doing 40 switches and calculating a standard deviation :-)

Also there's new (and more correct) timeshifting synchronization code in the newest PVR version (the one with autotimers support). It's not included in the PVR version shipped with nightlies yet.
 ok thx, is there a way to reduce the ffmpeg analyzing per advancedsettings.xml or any setting?

I didn't noticed the lag on v17 and whats confusing me is the fact that it sometimes shows a cdcover with channel logo (and sometimes the music vizualization) until the stream is loaded.
Is this behaviour normal?

Just using timeshifiting during "pause" here, so it should'nt make a difference. Should'nt it?

PS.: When i'll have you here and to not spam the github issue, are you planing to implement the "after=" recording task in the addon?
Have seen that you have implemented the knob's already, so the "after=" task is the only thing missing until i can use/test it on my productive clients  Angel
And sure give you feedback.

thx
pOpY
(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote:  ok thx, is there a way to reduce the ffmpeg analyzing per advancedsettings.xml or any setting?
afaik no
(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: I didn't noticed the lag on v17 and whats confusing me is the fact that it sometimes shows a cdcover with channel logo (and sometimes the music vizualization) until the stream is loaded. Is this behaviour normal?
I assume music visualization kicks in as ffmpeg hasn't detected a usable video stream yet, only the audio stream. So Kodi assumes you are listening to radio. I haven't observed this behavior myself.
(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: Just using timeshifiting during "pause" here, so it should'nt make a difference. Should'nt it?
That's as fast as it can get as timeshifting (as 2nd layer where things can go wrong and cause delays) only kicks in during first pause.
(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: PS.: When i'll have you here and to not spam the github issue, are you planing to implement the "after=" recording task in the addon?
Have seen that you have implemented the knob's already, so the "after=" task is the only thing missing until i can use/test it on my productive clients  Angel
Asking on github is fine. That's it's purpose. What I don't want is to mix topics (like here) as this is making finding information again much harder. But, yes, the default task and priority is the only thing that's left.
(2018-06-13, 23:12)manül Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: I didn't noticed the lag on v17 and whats confusing me is the fact that it sometimes shows a cdcover with channel logo (and sometimes the music vizualization) until the stream is loaded. Is this behaviour normal?
I assume music visualization kicks in as ffmpeg hasn't detected a usable video stream yet, only the audio stream. So Kodi assumes you are listening to radio. I haven't observed this behavior myself.

ok, thx for clearing things up. Should ill make a video for you (and provide logs)?

(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: Just using timeshifiting during "pause" here, so it should'nt make a difference. Should'nt it?
That's as fast as it can get as timeshifting (as 2nd layer where things can go wrong and cause delays) only kicks in during first pause.

ok, than this could not be the issue.

(2018-06-13, 20:13)popy Wrote: PS.: When i'll have you here and to not spam the github issue, are you planing to implement the "after=" recording task in the addon?
Asking on github is fine. That's it's purpose. What I don't want is to mix topics (like here) as this is making finding information again much harder. But, yes, the default task and priority is the only thing that's left. 

sorry for mixing things up. Will go the github way.
(2018-06-14, 12:30)popy Wrote:

ok, thx for clearing things up. Should ill make a video for you (and provide logs)?    
You may want to open a ticket in trac.kodi.tv if you think it's a bug. The PVR doesn't do any demuxing itself so I'm not responsible.

Edit: Providing a sample stream for download might help your case.
@manül 
I have identified the issue.
It's skin related but maybe couöd be an kodi bug.
Maybe kodi is detecting the audio first and showing the cdcover in Aeon Nox Silvio 5, just when "Customization -> Music OSD -> Play music in fullscreen" is activated.
It doesnt happen with default estuary skin.

Can you please look at my log posted in the skin thread to identify if it is an kodi or skin issue?
Here is the thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2761063

Thanks a lot
pOpY
Should be fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14408
thx, will test soon (disable my workaround) and see how it goes.
(2018-10-01, 13:39)manül Wrote: Should be fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14408
 Tried newest nightly but without success.
Workaround disabled and issue comes back.

pOpY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel switching times and channel cd cover + visualization0