Bug - Pressing <i> on some nodes brings up wrong info dialog
I found a bug, actually it pre-dates this PR.  When I go to music library nodes in music window and press <i> info key on a selected listitem:

For genres Container.Content(genres) I get musicinfo dialog for an album
For years Container.Content(years) I get a busy dialog and have to escape out of it
For sources Container.Content(sources) I get musicinfo dialog for an album
For roles Container.Content(roles) I get nothing (which appears to be correct to me?)

Did some quick testing, and it seems OK back on the alpha 1 release.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Krypton
Leia
Thanks for this @scott967, I have split into its own thread so I can see it more clearly.

I am already aware that <i> gets different behaviour to the context menu "Information" item, but could not see way to make them consistent yet. Historically the implementation divereged, it is on my list to fix.  Really <i> should be a keyboard short cut to the context menu action, hence only function when that item also has that context menu item available and do the same action i.e. bring up the same info dialog.
Quote:Did some quick testing, and it seems OK back on the alpha 1 release.

My info dialog refactor may have modified something that was indirectly limiting when the dialog gets displayed. I will see if I can fix that even if I can't bring <i> and context menu into using the same code in the way they should be doing.
Interesting, when you look in sources, roles, or genres nodes and open the context menu on an item, it only offers Queue/Play/Add to Favourites but for an item in the years node, it also offers Information.   Just like using the info key, selecting information from the context menu results in unending busy dialog.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Krypton
Leia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug - Pressing <i> on some nodes brings up wrong info dialog00