Req MusicBee addon
Rather than having Kodi play my music, I'd rather it be played through MusicBee.  Kodi would need to send commands to MusicBee and receive data from it as to what's playing.  As to why I prefer MusicBee, read about its AutoDJ feature.
Will Pittenger
not familiar with MusicBee, but if it supports UPNP/DLNA you can use Kodis "play to" feature to stream music to it. All you have to do is to enable the UPNP option "look for remote UPNP players" and then rightclick on a song/video and select "play to..."
I don't want Kodi to tell MusicBee what to play.  Rather, I want MusicBee to do that.  Kodi would only moniter it, start/stop playback, and move to the next track.
Will Pittenger
so you basically just need a remote control app for MusicBee. Not sure how Kodi fits into all this.
Kodi would also provide a 10-foot interface.  Plus, if I start playback of a video, Kodi could automatically pause (or mute) the output from MusicBee and then undo that when the video ends.  As is, I need to switch apps.  MusicBee doesn't have the 10-foot UI.  Instead, I had to make fonts bigger.  (Fortunately, that's something they support.)   One aspect about MusicBee as is is they seem to intercept commands I send through my remote—even if Kodi has the focus.
Will Pittenger
so you'd like to browse the musicbee library etc from within Kodi, trigger playback and remote control it. An add-on should be able to do this if MusicBee is providing according APIs, but it wouldn't trigger the playback view in Kodi, since Kodi wouldn't know anything about it. I'll move your request to the add-on section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MusicBee addon0