Req No browser?
If Kodi wants to be a complete solution, it needs a built-in browser.  I'd personally prefer something based on Firefox with its extensions.  Maybe embed Firefox?  No as to whether or not FF would be a separate download…  Please note any browser would need to support remotes that lack a mouse.
Will Pittenger
there has been work done in this regard, but it's not finished since the dev working on it doesn't have enough sparetime anymore. This was the last video showing his progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs9ik6opyt8
(2018-06-13, 08:11)WillPittenger Wrote: If Kodi wants to be a complete solution, it needs a built-in browser.
"Complete" is a pretty subjective term here. I would like to see a built-in sound mixer, that also includes a simple L/R-balance function.
An internet browser can be very hungry for memory, and people with for example a RPi 1 or 2 running LibreELEC don't have the luxury of having a surplus of internal memory.
There is Chromium as an addon for LibreELEC Generic x86-64 machines.

The built-in web browser as shown/linked above is promising, I hope the dev in question can take a break from work soon Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No browser?0