v18 Optimization algorithmdirtyregions
Is it possible to optimize algorithmdirtyregions to switch to 3 while kodi in screensaver mode?
For some devices like AML, RPI it can decrease CPU usage and temperature while they are not used if they algorithmdirtyregions configured to 0
Is this what you are after... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_dirty_regions
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes
If we use value 0 for some optimization on this devices, then in idle state tempreature can be bigger than while watching 4k video
An idea is if device in idle (screensaver) mode than to switch algorithmdirtyregions to 3 to decrease cpu usage and as result a temperature.
Did this ever go anywhere? I think it would have a great use case for keeping idle cpu usage and temps down while allowing maximum performance when kodi is actively being used. On my Odroid C2 I’ve noticed that scrolling news tickers don’t ever flicker when dirtyregions is set to 0, but that has the negative impact of high cpu utilization even when the screensaver is active.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimization algorithmdirtyregions0