Android Amazon fire tv problem
Hi there. My name is daniel and I have an annoing problem. Back in the day i used to erase my data because the fire tv has only 6gb on the internal storage and i cant root the device because i cant block the updates. So first thing i'd like to ask is reffering to an existing solved topic of the blocking issue (thank you). The real deal is: i bought a 64gb micro sd card and used adb link in order to transfer the data to the sd card. I thought i solved the issue untill I pressed the exit button on kodi and after a while tried to get back to the app; it was not loading at all no matter what i did: deleating cache force stop.. Nothing. Even deleating the data didnt work. So i uninstalled and reinstall the kodi and than i started over. I noticed that it also happens when i plug out the power cable and reconnecting. I dont do it often but still. On higher versions of the kodi app (the original problem took place on versions 16 to 17.1) the problem was a little different: when i got out from the app and tried to go back in, the app loaded but didnt have any of the addons or programs i installed anywhere so i tried to change skin and stiil nothing (the skin i tried to change to was phenomenal). When i pluged out the electricity cable the original problem took place and even tough i have backups needing to restore the data every time it happens is very annoing and taking the fun out of kodi. Please is there any ideas? Or should i just switch to raspberry pi 3b+?
Moved to Android
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Help please?
Sorry, but your post is too incoherent for me to understand. Answer these questions:

1. How did you load Kodi onto your AFTV?
2. Which version are you running?
3. Where is your media located?
4. What add-ons do you have installed?
5. Which skin are you using?
(2018-06-15, 14:22)Danielerman Wrote: Hi there. My name is daniel and I have an annoing problem. Back in the day i used to erase my data because the fire tv has only 6gb on the internal storage and i cant root the device because i cant block the updates. So first thing i'd like to ask is reffering to an existing solved topic of the blocking issue (thank you). The real deal is: i bought a 64gb micro sd card and used adb link in order to transfer the data to the sd card. I thought i solved the issue untill I pressed the exit button on kodi and after a while tried to get back to the app; it was not loading at all no matter what i did: deleating cache force stop.. Nothing. Even deleating the data didnt work. So i uninstalled and reinstall the kodi and than i started over. I noticed that it also happens when i plug out the power cable and reconnecting. I dont do it often but still. On higher versions of the kodi app (the original problem took place on versions 16 to 17.1) the problem was a little different: when i got out from the app and tried to go back in, the app loaded but didnt have any of the addons or programs i installed anywhere so i tried to change skin and stiil nothing (the skin i tried to change to was phenomenal). When i pluged out the electricity cable the original problem took place and even tough i have backups needing to restore the data every time it happens is very annoing and taking the fun out of kodi. Please is there any ideas? Or should i just switch to raspberry pi 3b+?
I can't decipher what your specific issue is. Please be more concise.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
The app isnt recognizing the data location after i exit the app. When i restart the amazon tv the app is not loading at all. I think that it might be related to the fact I transfered the data from the storage to the sd card. If yo dont know what i mean by that direct me with questions. Thank you for answering i almost bought a new streamer.
Did you also change the advancedsettings.xml?
No i didnt, do i need to?
(2018-06-24, 15:56)FireInMyHole Wrote: Sorry, but your post is too incoherent for me to understand. Answer these questions:

1. How did you load Kodi onto your AFTV?
2. Which version are you running?
3. Where is your media located?
4. What add-ons do you have installed?
5. Which skin are you using?

1. How did i load it? Dont understand what do you mean by that.
2. Kodi 17.6
3. My media? Dont you mean my data? My data is located on the sd card
4. I have a backup of my kodi that includes a lot of addons. If you want a full list ill look at the backup folders and write it down.
5. The default skin. I also tried to change the skin to phenomenal before erasing the data because someone told me that the skin could cause the problem.
(2018-06-26, 18:20)Danielerman Wrote: No i didnt, do i need to?
 Then how does Kodi know where it is?

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/
(2018-06-26, 19:13)Hitcher Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 18:20)Danielerman Wrote: No i didnt, do i need to?
 Then how does Kodi know where it is?

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/  
if Im reseting to factory defaults the kodi isnt crashing or causing problems untill i try to transfer the data to the sdcard with the method described in the link. do you have another guide?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon fire tv problem0