Where are PVR addons for Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi Kryptons?
RP,

i turned on the debug option in Kodi and then pasted the log file on the paste.ubuntu site. Do I need to do something differently? Since I cannot access the pvr file in Kodi, how is it possible to know what has gone wrong?
It appears that the file has been loaded (see above), but Kodi does not recognize that it is there. Should I check that the pvr file is in the proper location, i.e., where Kodi expects it to be?

Jerry
Here is where the pvr files were downloaded. Are they in the right locations? It appears to me that they did not download correctly although the previous printout claim that they were the current versions?

jerry@jerry-ZBOX-office:~$ sudo find / -name "kodi-pvr-*" -print
/usr/share/doc/kodi-pvr-nextpvr
/usr/share/doc/kodi-pvr-mythtv

jerry@jerry-ZBOX-office:~$
RP,

Is it possible that there is info from a previous build that is saying that the current version is correct even though it is not really there?
Search for "pvr." ...

My PVR addons are installed to /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.*
RP,

So the message that they are already there is misleading. What would cause that, i.e., is my guess above correct?  If so why shouldn't the  download code first check to see if they are in the correct location before stating that they are already present? What is the download code now checking so that I can delete that info and correctly download the pvr files?

Jerry
again, we need a proper Debug Log

and the output of:
Code:
apt policy kodi*
Here is the output of the command:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BzNCsTWtng/

A debug log will not help because the install command states that the files are there but they are not. Thus the install command is reading some info that is left over from a previous build.
I just need to know where that bogus info resides so I can delete it.
did you actually read the output and the Wiki that was linked above? You don't have a _single_ pvr addon installed.
Also, if you want help, you provide the requested info, otherwise you'll just get ignored.
wsn,

Evidently you did not see my post above.

I installed kodi-pvr-mythtv   and  kodi-pvr-nextpvr according to the wiki instructions (see below), but cannot find either in kodi?

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv
[sudo] password for jerry: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
kodi-pvr-mythtv is already the newest version (5.6.0-1~xenial).
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.

The entire problem is that I did install the pvr's, but the install program said that the newest version is already present. Clearly that is not the case. I think you need to change your haughty attitude. I have narrowed down the problem
to information that the install program is reading some information that is not correct, e.g.,  from a previous build.  RP has been very helpful and also courteous. Also as I stated I am not a beginner but have extensive programming and unix experience. Dr. Gerald Browning
I installed kodi-pvr-mythtv  according to the wiki instructions (see below)

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv
[sudo] password for jerry: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
kodi-pvr-mythtv is already the newest version (5.6.0-1~xenial).
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
RP,

I apt-get purged the two pvr packages and then reinstalled them and they now appear in kodi. Clearly the install was getting old or corrupted  info. Thank you for all of your help, especially letting me know where the packages should have been installed.

Jerry
Found this thread from Googling, so figured I'd post here in case it helps anyone.

Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 18.2, using kodi-pvr-hts add-on. 

PVR add-on not showing after installing. Had to purge and reinstall the PVR addon, but the trick was to do it while Kodi was running. Purged the add-on while in the add-ons menu. It would then show but could not be enabled. Subsequently installing while still in the same add-on menu allowed me to enable it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are PVR addons for Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi Kryptons?0