v18 PVR channel 'Das Erste HD' not HW decoded
I am using Kodi + DVBViewer Client add-on on Android TV. PVR channel 'Das Erste HD' is only software decoded which is not feasible on the slow SoC. Weird thing is that other 720p50 channels are properly being HW decoded (like 'ORF 1 HD').

I am attaching a log where I first set 'ORF 1 HD' (HW decoded) and then 'Das Erste HD' (only SW decoded).

[LOG]
I can confirm this on windows too. Sine last year middle of October i have this issue to. Running only without DXVA2 is ok and i don´t want to run with sync to display mode due to missing passthrough.
Log
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-06-16, 12:27)tehax Wrote: I can confirm this on windows too. Sine last year middle of October i have this issue to. Running only without DXVA2 is ok and i don´t want to run with sync to display mode due to missing passthrough.
Log
 Not sure what you confirm. For Live content passthrough is disabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Right, sync to display setting can only be set global for all media not individual. So when i set sync to display pvr runs flawless but for movies i have no bitstream audio.
I can confirm that with DXVA2 on "Das Erste" is not watchable due to stuttering. May my post here is the wrong place, sorry.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-06-16, 17:10)tehax Wrote: Right, sync to display setting can only be set global for all media not individual. So when i set sync to display pvr runs flawless but for movies i have no bitstream audio.
I can confirm that with DXVA2 on "Das Erste" is not watchable due to stuttering. May my post here is the wrong place, sorry.
 The OP has the problem, that hw decoder is NOT working, cause his hw decoder is opened twice during start of stream. And cause it is implemented as a singleton (MediaCodec Surface) or some hw only supports on decoder / render ctx at once -> it fails.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
should be fixed in master
Fixed. 'Das Erste HD' now uses 'amc-h264(S)' video decoder again. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR channel 'Das Erste HD' not HW decoded0