TV Tunes & Themes alternatives
@manfeed

If you do decide to turn this into addon I already have most of the code written as I was going to add it into "Special Features Addon" but I was informed of this before I ever go to that part. @Karellen and I had already discussed the limits of what was and was not allow for the official repo. And I didnt continue because I did not want to step on anymore toes once you made this thread. So either post here or PM and we can add it in and push it through i guess in about two weeks, one week for coding and the second for people to test.

I would just need the current agreed upon folder structure, the rest will be fairly simple to implement. We could even take it one step further and add another section in the plugin directory that would list all the movies/tv shows that have working themes with support for all audio and video codec that Kodi supports.

What would be ideal I am using a "Extras folder" i know a lot of people would be against this but if we had moved them into that directory it would help clean the directories and you could simple have a theme-song, theme-video in that folder without the movie/tvshow name..

Either way let me know something i will be in and out over the next week.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
@smitchell6879

If you're asking for my opinion, rest assured, I in no way will feel stepped on my toe with your future addon, in fact the opposite is true... the more options we have the better. I can't help you in turning this into and addon, since I don't know how to code in python (yet... ;-) but feel free in taking advantage of my code, I think that you'll find especially useful the remarks of the first post about the hurdles that I found on the way and how to overcome them...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@manfeed
Alright well in that case i will put somthing together here in the next week or so depends on how crazy real life gets. I personally only have a very few theme songs so would you mind doing the testing? We can work together to make it right before presenting it to the public and I can add your name to the addon since you have already got a good part of the code, I will just add folder scaning into a database with a more general way to push the audio of video to the skin without having to check the .ext we will just push the label and assume that it is a supported audio or video type.

Also for everyone else that is using this... I am going to have you change your theme location to a extras folder to me it seems like a better place, reason i say this is i use full bluray rips and i like to keep the directories somewhat clean. So before I dig in to deep speak up are you all okay making this change?

Movie Directory-----> Movie 1 ---> Extras ---> theme-song, theme-video
TV Show Directory ---> TvShow 1-->Extras--> theme-song, theme-video

I understand that the theme song will change by season or you may want to have multiple songs, videos. I time that can be added but to start i want to keep it simple and get it working. then we can make it as complex as the community wants based on interest of the project.
@smitchell6879

Ok, no problem, I can test it when you have something ready.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Alright I will pm you.
Can I help with the testing?

Multi format audio files is great.
Moving to the Extras folder is a pain, but won't complain.
I noticed with Manfeeds version, when a theme started playing the background fanart was changed to that of the music artist if they exist in the music library, or a black screen if they don't exist. Can we stop that from happening?
Currently pressing Stop to stop the theme didn't really stop it as it continually restarted.
Would a centralised location for Themes be an option. I am thinking about the time delays of spinning up disks before they start playing. I would rather save them to my SSD c:\ drive to prevent that and get a shorter time delay before play.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-11, 00:02)Karellen Wrote: Can I help with the testing?

Multi format audio files is great.
Moving to the Extras folder is a pain, but won't complain.
I noticed with Manfeeds version, when a theme started playing the background fanart was changed to that of the music artist if they exist in the music library, or a black screen if they don't exist. Can we stop that from happening?
Currently pressing Stop to stop the theme didn't really stop it as it continually restarted.
Would a centralised location for Themes be an option. I am thinking about the time delays of spinning up disks before they start playing. I would rather save them to my SSD c:\ drive to prevent that and get a shorter time delay before play.

@Karellen

Yes you can definitely be apart of the initial testing. @manfeed Have either of you ever used #slack? It would make this easier during testing and quicker replies.
I actually have not tested manfeeds verison as I have been working on another major addon, so we will adjust as we go along but if the original verison worked correctly then I am sure we can make this work correctly as well.
I personally will only have it play one theme song no loops no repeats... I like the theme song but not that much.

So for your centralized location will be a database. You have to wake the drive up to play the song but I would assume all your tvshows are on one drive so the only time you may see a slow down will be on the first time it plays this will be something we can discuss, but I am thinking using a sql database will help with this. If this is still a issue then yes we can figure on a centralize folder, but I would rather do the database first as the folder will be more for me to code.

I am going to start reviewing my code again and see were I need to add hooks as it has been a month or 3 since I made any revisions to the actually addon.

Also I am adding this to the Special Features addon I am not making a new one, I do not see any need for a new one as this is a Special feature of sorts. Are you guys fine with that as well?

And Lastly I will make the demo on Kodi 17 I personally will have windows 10 for testing
Great. Thanks.

(2018-06-11, 01:06)smitchell6879 Wrote: but I would assume all your tvshows are on one drive
No, I have 6 drives total- 3 movies and 3 tv shows. As they reach the end of their expected life (next year) I will upgrade from the 3TB drives to larger capacity drives. The 10TB are currently looking pretty cheap now. But I was hoping it would be an option, rather than a fixed requirement as I am sure others will want to keep the traditional method.

No problems it being part of the Special Features add-on. I am currently using v17.6 on main htpc, but have a few Portable v18 installed so I can test on both versions. Also using Win10.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-11, 04:26)Karellen Wrote: Great. Thanks.

(2018-06-11, 01:06)smitchell6879 Wrote: but I would assume all your tvshows are on one drive
But I was hoping it would be an option, rather than a fixed requirement as I am sure others will want to keep the traditional method.

Okay atm I have already added the code to find and add to specialfeatures database... using the Extras folder. To get a custom folder for all the theme will be a big addition so would you be fine with testing it in the Extras folder first and we can add that after we get it working... maybe just copy over a couple theme song to the right folder structure just for testing and we go from there?
Yes, no problems. Happy to do that.

My other comment was just a suggestion so no problems if it is achievable or not Smile
My Signature
(2018-06-11, 04:39)Karellen Wrote: Yes, no problems. Happy to do that.

My other comment was just a suggestion so no problems if it is achievable or not Smile

its achievable but the folder structure of the centralized theme folder would be very important and I would have to add a new separate scanner .. so it can be done just a little more time consuming... where as I should have it somewhat working here in the next couple hours . I will send you 2 a google drive zip file once I got it with directions in the readme.
@Karellen @manfeed

PM sent with link ... don't forget the addon will need to scan your library before it will work.
Hello, congratulations for the initiative.
it would be nice, if it was not necessary a specific mass .... Be well, look for thema.mp3 or flac file in the movies folder itself ....
didnt read all but I do have a dumb question,

how about <onfocus> ?
Lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tunes & Themes alternatives0