• 3(current)
Beta TV Melodies (play themes alternative)
(2018-12-12, 11:22)nobbyclarke Wrote: Yeah thanks i know how to get it and install it but how do u set it up in kodi to find the themes doesn't seem to be many settings as tv tunes can't see how this works
 TV Melodies doesn't "find" themes but will play themes (themes.mp3) that you already have. I already had a large theme collection from my days using Plex, and now I search Youtube to find suitable files (usually short videos from the opening/closing credits) and then use VLC to snag the audio track and save it as "theme.mp3".
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Hi all

I'm running CoreELEC 8.95.6 with @mardukL titan Mod and TV Melodies. 
When I browse my collection themes.mp3 never start, somethings must be done I see a glitch on screen but no sound, any idea how to make this work ?
thanks
(2018-12-24, 16:10)InNursery Wrote: Hi all

I'm running CoreELEC 8.95.6 with @mardukL titan Mod and TV Melodies. 
When I browse my collection themes.mp3 never start, somethings must be done I see a glitch on screen but no sound, any idea how to make this work ?
thanks
 As far i can tell for now, that this is not "really" skin related.
The issue came from dialog busy (execute play force open this dialog, but from kodi; the code from tv melodies is fine)

I also have this issue on my win10 tablet using latest Leia, havent it on win7 Leia, no matter which skin i tried.

I need to test on Krypton some time later.

All fine on krypton (also no load of dialog busy) on my test devices.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Hello all and Happy New year. Mine has been well and the house is coming along slowly meaning alot slower then I would like. But I come here today to get some opinions as I am still brainstorming a revision/ new addon/ ecosystem of sorts.

As all of you know that have used this addon there are some flaws and it has been so long I would have to spend way more time then I prefer to try to go through the code and figure out what is wrong. I had mentioned before I have been trying to learn Python and I feel that it would be better for everyone if it had a rewrite honestly.

With that I. Not going to start now but I want honest answers so I can improve. So if you are a user of this addon please answer the following questions so I can get a better idea of how to move forward.

Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?

Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme

Do you use run a SQL server?

If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?

Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?

Are there any other comments you would like to make?

Again thank you for using this addon and any feedback will be appreciated. As I can't improve on issues that are not brought to may attention.

Thank you for your time.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I have themes for TV shows only. My file structure is:

TV Shows
     - TV Show 1
        - Season 01
        - Season 02
        - theme.mp3

- TV Show 2
        - Season 01
        - Season 02
        - theme.mp3

etc., etc., etc...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Thank you for your reply. Since there aren't any other replies then at the time of the new project I will keep this in mind and use my own discretion.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I concur with whysoserious. I have theme.mp3 in the main folder of the TV Show, like them.
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?
In the tvshow folder. \TV Shows\American Gods\theme.flac

(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme
Only use audio themes

(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Do you use run a SQL server?
No

(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?
Would prefer not to. Additional work and it may be out of the reach of a lot of basic users that won't understand how to setup a shared db.

(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
None come to mind at this moment.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-03, 21:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?
In the tvshow folder. \TV Shows\American Gods\theme.flac
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme
Only use audio themes
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Do you use run a SQL server?
No
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?
Would prefer not to. Additional work and it may be out of the reach of a lot of basic users that won't understand how to setup a shared db.
(2019-01-01, 08:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
None come to mind at this moment. 
This  Nod
Same structures as the answers above except for Movie Collections:

For example:
\dvds\JamesBondCollection\DVD1\dvd.vob
\dvds\JamesBondCollection\DVD2\dvd.vob
\dvds\JamesBondCollection\theme.mp3
So my themes are one folder up in the parent directory of the collection.

Audio themes only.
Quote:Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?
I have themes for TV shows only.  Like whysoserious:

TV Shows
     - TV Show 1
        - Season 01
        - Season 02
        - theme.mp3

- TV Show 2
        - Season 01
        - Season 02
        - theme.mp3
Quote:Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme
Audio themes only
Quote:Do you use run a SQL server?
No
Quote:If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?
Not really.  Currently running on a single standalone Win 10 mini HTPC
Quote:Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
  1. Option to only play theme in the select season/select episode screen rather than only playing whilst browsing all TV Shows
  2. Fade out when exiting the TV show season/episode menu
  3. Option to play theme once or loop
Quote:Are there any other comments you would like to make?
Thank you for taking the time to re-implement a sorely missed feature - I stayed on Jarvis due to the demise of TVTunes.  I've installed TV Melodies on a test machine running Aeon Madnox skin using 17.6 Krypton
Firstly thank you very much for this addon smitchell6879.
Installed on a Windows with Kodi 17.6 and works!
Did encounter the error/crash when there are multiple theme files in the same folder (theme1, theme2, etc).

1) Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?
Same folder structure as most other users.
- Series\Game Of Thrones (2011)\theme.mp3

2) Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme
Only have audio themes. All MP3 files.

3) Do you use run a SQL server? 
No. I run a Microsoft Server just sharing the database.

4) If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?
Depends on how difficult setting up another server will be and the resources required.

5) Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
Ability to handle multiple themes (if available).
Option to randomly select a theme to play (if multiple themes available).
Option to loop.

6) Are there any other comments you would like to make?
Thanks again for this!
Quote:......Did encounter the error/crash when there are multiple theme files in the same folder (theme1, theme2, etc).

......Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
Ability to handle multiple themes (if available).
Option to randomly select a theme to play (if multiple themes available).
Option to loop.
  +1

This would be awesome.
Hello! I only want to update to Kodi 18 when it is certain that I can continue to use my Main Titles. TvTunes on Kodi 17.6 is a main feature for me. If I update to Kodi 18, that will be a thing of the past.

General i have my theme naming convention in a way that TvTunes could handle it:

Naming for Movies:
Movies are in folders and the files are the same name as the folders and the theme is the same name as file with "-theme.mp3" as suffix.
->Moviefoldername (Year)
-->Moviefilename (Year).ext
-->Moviefilename (Year)-theme.mp3

Sometimes i use more themes or a OST Album:

-->Moviefilename (Year)-theme-1.mp3
-->Moviefilename (Year)-theme-2.mp3

-->OSTAlbumsongname1-theme.mp3
-->OSTAlbumsongname2-theme.mp3

Naming for Collections:
Often i use themes in the Collection parent folder, cause lot of movies in a Collection have the same theme (for e.g. Bourne Collection, Beverly Hill Cop, ....)
->Collectionfoldername
-->Collectionfoldername-theme.mp3

If a movie is a collection, it searches first for the theme in the movie folder, if no found it searches a theme in the collection parent folder

I also use video themes with the same system as above, except with another file extension "-theme.mkv", "-theme.mp4"

I also created in every movie folder a Moviefilename (Year)-trailer.mp4, for the future in that case it would possible for a addon to switch from "-theme.mp3" to "-trailer.mp4" so the trailer would start automatic in background (as video theme)

Naming for TvShows:
The naming for themes in TvShows is very random the only thing that's always in common is a "-theme.mp3" at the end of the filename.
Examples:
TvShowName-theme.mp3 (most common)
TvShowName (Season X)-theme.mp3
TvShowName (Extended)-theme.mp3
TvShowName (Language)-theme.mp3

Questions:
Is it up to now the only naming option for Movies or TV shows only with "theme.mp3"
Will it be possible to attach a prefix and then the "blablabla-theme.mp3" as suffix?
Will it be possible to play more themes when more than one theme storaged?
If yes, will it be possible that than there is a choose random if more than one theme storaged?
Is a playing delay possible, and if, is it possible to set for music themes another delay as for video themes?
Is there a fade in and fade out option?

In TvTunes it was not possible but is it possible to play themes in kodi in the Container.Content(Collections) when i am in Collections area to play a theme from Collections folder?
@smitchell6879 I'm so glad your looking to creating an alternate version of TV Tunes as I've sort of missed this feature on my media box running LibreELEC Kodi 18. I think having themes playing whilst browsing your movie and Tv Library make the experience much better. To answer some of your questions you asked in the new year are below.

Where do you have your theme file located in accordance with kodi's proper folder structure?

Movies 
     - Movie
        - movie.mkv
        - theme.mp3

TV Shows
     - TV Show 1
        - Season 01
        - Season 02
        - theme.mp3

Do u have your themes separated? .eg audio theme video theme
I have a theme.mp3 in Movies and Tv Shows root directories for each individual Movie or Tv Shows

Do you use run a SQL server?
No

If you have a Windows PC would you be willing to install yet another server if it may make your experience better?
I'm using LibreELEC so no

Are there any other reasonable options that you would like to have made available?
maybe an option to choose what theme to play if you have multiple theme mp3's in the root of the Movie or TV show so that you can customise which theme to play

Are there any other comments you would like to make?
Could this be added to the official Kodi Repository like Special Features Addon that you've created?

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Melodies (play themes alternative)2