Refresh doesn't update quality
I had a movie that listed at 480p.  I deleted it and replace it with a 1080p version and kodi still reports it at 480p.  I've removed from the library and rescanned all moves and I have refreshed information by hand. It won't change from 480.   I checked it with a couple utilities and it is definitely 1080p.  What am I missing?
(2018-06-17, 23:00)jglazer63 Wrote: I deleted it and replace it with a 1080p version and kodi still reports it at 480p.
Did you press play?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi checks and updates the video meta data upon playing, so... check first. Smile
You cannot expect Kodi to sense new video details when you copy an identical file (name) into the library.
I don't expect it when I copy the file, but I do expect it when I hit refresh.  A pretty rudementary thing to do is to check video properties on refresh.
Refreshing information concerns movie/tv info data only, as in synopsis, episode info, actors, etc.
Perhaps this should be more like a feature request, ordering a re-read of the video file itself to be done as well.
Agreed.  I just assumed it was already a part of Kodi.  I am sort of surprised that it cannot get this information when adding the movie to the library.
(2018-06-18, 14:49)jglazer63 Wrote: I am sort of surprised that it cannot get this information when adding the movie to the library.
It does do that, initially. However, replacing a video ("I deleted it and replace it with a 1080p version") is not in Kodi's auto-perception repertoire. Smile
Ok feature request...
Thread moved.
Thanks for moving thread.  I would have submitted a new one for feature.  But thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh doesn't update quality0