updating library moving movies to folder called name
i update my movie library, it keeps putting movies into a folder called. name
not where they belong,and im  not sure what to do
i got to resent movies, i can manage manually and put movies where they belong .but if i update library i have to look for the name folder
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
thanks for the input im not that technical ill cancle my membership here thanks
thanks for the input im not that technical ill cancle my membership here thanks
i got the kodi for christmas dont know all of the kodi or the features
could you please tell us the exact steps you did for creating the library?

Not a problem if you aren´t that technical. But we would like to know what you have done to see where your failure is/was.
There´s also a great guide on our wiki for how to create video libraries.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

If you have problems, you could also take a look there
@moosedrool

What version of Kodi are you using. Is it v15- Isengard or older?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
version 6.0.3 ? when i updated library it used to put movies where they belong not sure how it got messed up
not sure where to look for version number.or debuggin logs i follwed links still lost
At this moment, we simply have no idea which operating system you are using, hence my (automated) request for Kodi's log file. It has lots of system information that can explain certain problems.

For the Raspberry Pi, you could run OpenELEC (which is by now heavily outdated), or perhaps the more current LibreELEC, or maybe you are using Raspbian or OSMC as a operating system for the Kodi application. We will need some computer identification to get our help started.
Highly guess it's OpenELEC.

If so, you should really consider to switch over to LibreELEC.
i contacted my family member -via email who set up my kodi.there not sure whats wrong with it.nor do they have the time to help me
couple hours of trying,looking at you tube videos and trying to figure out the. dam kodi unit back to square one
i tried to get the log file.think i messed up.the kodi worse than before.i really apreciate all the help. im soo lost i need gps lol
im not tech savoy right now a big hammer would take of the kodi unit
The instruction for how to get the log are given above in the posting from Klojum.

Instruction for how to migrate from a possible OpenELEC installation to LibreELEC are shown in that youtube video I did once:

Note: The video will only work if you are sure, that you are using OpenELEC. If you are not sure, please don't follow the video.

Unfortunately, if you can't provide information what you are using or getting us a log, we can't help at all. It's not that we won't like to help (we would love to), but it's impossible if you can't provide any other additional informations.

Sorry
Generally...if it's really OpenELEC 6.0.3, I would consider a fresh installation anyway. Migrating from an OpenELEC installation that is that old, might fail. To many things have changed in between that a migration could end up in a total mess.

If you have the option, ask someone near by who might be able to get you something newer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
updating library moving movies to folder called name0