• 16(current)
Solved XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion
This one here (32 bit version): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk includes auto fallback if resolution is <= 800 px width and it furthermore changes the default Deint Fallback Method to YADIF-HALF. This should get most mpeg4 files played properly out of the box again. 64 bit version was also built.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-09, 15:14)fritsch Wrote: This one here (32 bit version): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk includes auto fallback if resolution is <= 800 px width and it furthermore changes the default Deint Fallback Method to YADIF-HALF. This should get most mpeg4 files played properly out of the box again. 64 bit version was also built.
@fritsch what are you doing? With this latest test-build (kodi-20190109-afc99ed5-androidmpeg4-armeabi-v7a.apk) all videos jerk again, because SW decoding is used again - even the files with unpacked B-frames:
Please do not merge this version under any circumstances Wink

Tested on: Sony Android TV ATV3

P.S. ich mag Kohlrabi ;-)
Post your Debug Log please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
sorry for the late reaction had to fit me a pair of new glasses Sad

What do you mean, where can I find the buils you are trying to point me to?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- install and test. What works better, what works worse - a Debug Log is mandatory. I don't own any Android devices and code based on logic only :-)
doing a backup of all first, when finished I'll try your solution.

As I mentioned my am912 is fried so will test it on the am905, as I have not got my device back from the seller yet.
Problem not solved, but instead of sending you a log couldn't I better send you part of the video that causes the problem ?

As I see it the problem is (at least here) with DvD rips, and especially the older DvD's.

Yes I know illegal stuff is not allowed or appreciated but this are old documentairies of WW1 and 2 material and/or very old movies of which is almost certain free to use and public domain.
But as I am a huge fan of this old material I do keep using it Smile

The problem is with all VIDEO_TS structured movies for as far as I can see (don't know how to explain it any other way) except it's plain DvD ripped ?
The change does not affect mpeg-2 or DVD isos at all. Currently only interested in this mpeg-4 stuff.
the code for the log file is : http://paste.kodi.tv/canaxoveso
okay, test an mpeg4 then
On the mp4 there is no problem att all.

new logging:

.../zepedaciqi

What I do see is that on lower framerates the problem is damn big and it seems to me there is a major buffering problem ?
mpeg4 / xvid / etc. not mp4, please :-)
divx, H.264 is not (as far as in my case) a problem, they play okay.

sorry for taking up your time, if any of you is addressing the other files please let me know, I'll be happy to try and help.
(2019-01-09, 22:08)estate2 Wrote: the code for the log file is :
(2019-01-09, 22:26)estate2 Wrote: I'll be happy to try and help.
Next time, at least do us the courtesy by using a setup WITHOUT several banned add-ons installed.
Or is that the only way you can get and test your video files?
(2019-01-09, 21:06)fritsch Wrote: Post your Debug Log please.
Why a debug log? Without these new changes from today everything runs perfectly with the current MediaCodec adaptations of peak3d (except the non-compliant DIVX/XVID files with packed B-frames)! You shouldn't ruin what you've achieved so far.

If you still want to continue operating on the topic of packed B-frames, other users who are interested will surely provide you with logs here. But keep in mind that this workaround has not been necessary for more than 7-8 years now and there is no reason at all to use it in videos nowadays. I can't explain why this strange scene release group still use it like this on XVID, but it's good that they still encode with VirtualDub from 2013 Wink

So I know better topics to waste my free time with.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion1