•   
  • 18(current)
Solved -  XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion
(Today, 10:44)fritsch Wrote: Try again with SW Decoding: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - might crash and burn ;-)
Final solution even with a GLES3 goodie: 15286 (PR)
 But that only works if you deactivate HW decoding?
It improves the SW decoding (more correctly the Shader based rendering path) ... where needed (old divx files, mpeg-2 with stills, live tv where mediacodec cannot correctly deinterlace in 576i, etc.)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I know Kodi devs do not like workarounds but with Linux (AML) Kodi settings (and SPMC / MrMC) there are handy options to disable mpeg2/mpeg4/h.264 hardware decode, enable ffmpeg SD content software decode or hardware decode all content.

Which comes in real handy for "corner" video decode cases on ARM platforms - especially Android.
In the end it's Kodi users who benefit from such flexibility with set and forget settings - and a reason why Kodi forks get created in the first place.

Yeah - as we had this discussion. Not a friend of gui settings in 50 languages for "corner cases" polluting the menu of the other millions that don't need it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can now get smooth YADIF2x 576i mpeg2 deinterlace IF I set the Kodi GUI limit to 720p.
This is on on a (modded) GLES 3.2 equipped S912 MINIX U9. CPU load is a LOT lower after PR #15268 Smile

Maybe a simple addition to auto enable (Android) software decoding of mpeg2 content with a width 800 and below (like we had for mpeg4) might be a easily implementable and usable option now GLES ARM rendering performance has increased ?

Could you test: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk as well?

Something better, something worse?
  •   
  • 18(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion00