• 13(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2019-01-18, 23:15)jdig4240 Wrote: is it possible to have IAGL prompt to install the needed emulator that i have set as default for the archive when it is set as default, but not installed?
So, instead of doing nothing, and not launching could you code it so it prompts you to install the missing player and dependencies needed? 
Hope im clear in what im asking, Thanks!!
I think that would have to be handled by Kodi directly, and I believe that is how it should work.  Garbear has mentioned "just-in-time" addon installation previously, where Kodi would auto install if it doesn't have a player for the file you're trying to play.  The only other option would be to add all the game addons as dependancies for my addon, and I don't think I want to do that.
(2019-01-18, 17:50)erik070 Wrote: I think I followed the instructions to the T from here: https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr.../1.--Setup
I did not install Retroarch as I understood that with Kodi v18 with Retroplayer this is no longer needed.
You did follow the wiki, but I think I need to update it.  There's a key step missing, which at the time of writing was not required.   Now that v18 is close to be releasing, the game addons are not packaged with Kodi.  You need to install game addons from the Kodi repository:
Go to Kodi Settings>Addons>Install From Repository>Kodi Repository (or All)>Game Addons>Emulators, then install whatever game addons you want
For LibreElec, I'm not sure if those addons are in the LE repository or not (you'd have to inquire in the LE forums), but I assume they'd be in the LE repository.  They are in the Kodi repository for Windows/OSX/Android.
Updated IAGL to 2.0.6.  Changes include:
  • Update language / translation support for all settings
  • Update to support LE Remix
  • Update archive.org bad file handling
  • Update to GW list
  • Update to Doom list
  • Update to Sega CD list
  • Update to Android external launch functions (advanced users can change how IAGL attempts to launch the game)
  • Fix SX05RE launch command typo
  • Fix bug in IAGL Favorites with Random and Search links
  • Added eXoDOS game list (DOSBox)

With this new version, you may have to open up your settings and validate they are all still configured, as I changed some of them to allow for different language translations.
Hi,
First of all many thanks for this add-on, really love it.

And now, I hope it's the right place to ask for help: I have setup IAGL with RetroArch, and everything was working like I want since yesterday, when I launched the add-on and it not even start: it return a simple "internet game archive launcher error, see the log".

The log (also with debug option turned on) return only a python exception "Error contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'choose from list'", the next line say "Error Get Directory pligin://plugin.program.iagl/".

I have not change anything, and If I 'browse addon' I am able to config the add-on and everything seems right. It's the latest version (2.0.6), and it was able to update the game list this evening.

I cannot understand what broken: no kodi update, no windows updates... I'm stuck.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Keensit.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Game addons is almosy empty on Libreelec repositories (both Kodi and Libreelec repo). I'll on their forum how to get them, if possible.

Edit:
Boy am I stupid. I guess i was not on the latest version of Libreelec... Updated and emulators appear now. Just finished a quick game of Sonic Smile
(2019-01-24, 22:17)Keensit Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Keensit.
It was the addon update that broke it.  Apologies for that.  It's this blurb I put in the last update:
With this new version, you may have to open up your settings and validate they are all still configured, as I changed some of them to allow for different language translations.

It should be as easy as opening up the addon settings window, making sure things are still set, and then hitting OK so that the settings are saved in the new format (settings are now saved as values rather than english text for language translations).  I wanted to make this change before v18 final - hopefully the last 'breaking' change I have to make for quite a long time.
Hi,

First I want to thanks for all the work you do on this build I have been enjoying for months.

I have the issue as the user above everything was working fine until the most recent update, now it won't even open. I have been through the settings and pressed ok many times but this hasnt solved the problem.

Is there anything in the settings I should be looking to change to get it working again?
Hi Zack,

great Job!

AIs it possible for skins to override the Game Dialog Look, as it was previously in IARL? I would like to integrate it in my skin..
(2019-01-25, 18:14)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Zack,

great Job!

AIs it possible for skins to override the Game Dialog Look, as it was previously in IARL? I would like to integrate it in my skin..
I tested the integrartion with a script-IAGL-infodialog.xml window analog to the IARL Window and modified some of the labels according to the default window you modified. I can however not launch a game. How should the button that launches the game look like, which Id should it have? The same for the download button.
Oh joy!

Many thanks: Re-confirm all the settings has resolved the issue.

I can be wrong, but the only settings that was reverted to default was the cache size, the other were mine.

The first time I simply press "ok" in the dialog box, but no joy. So I opened and reconfirm every settings, after that IAGL returned to work.

The only other issue is a python exception ("RuntimeError: Error: GetSources given is NULL") when I try to set a custom download path for a specific list, but that was present since the first install, so it can be some error of mine, but if someone has some tips it's welcome.

Thanks
Hey guys, this is an awesome addon. I tried it with S905x LibreElec 9 and Kodi18. It is working well, thanks.
I post here b/c in the lists are always USA NTSC versions. Is it possible to download the EU PAL versions of roms from archive.org ?
Thanks for this too man it worked.

Also just to add I also have to problem where if I try and change the download location I get an error and it has been happening for some time.

And one last thing Zac. I noticed there is a ps2 library on archive.org any chance we could get them added to the addon?
(2019-01-25, 19:25)Keensit Wrote: The other issue is a python exception ("RuntimeError: Error: GetSources given is NULL") when I try to set a custom download path for a specific list, but that was present since the first install, so it can be some error of mine, but if someone has some tips it's welcome.

Thanks
 Can you provide some details (system type and type of alternate location your setting up) and / or a debug log?
(2019-01-25, 19:13)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 18:14)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Zack,

great Job!

I tested the integrartion with a script-IAGL-infodialog.xml window analog to the IARL Window and modified some of the labels according to the default window you modified. I can however not launch a game. How should the button that launches the game look like, which Id should it have? The same for the download button. 
Awesome.  The buttons should work (I think) so long as the control-id's match what I have setup.
https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...3994-L4000
3001 is download button
3002 is launch
3003 is exit

And then there are several 'invisible' listitems if you want to have rotating art.  If you can't get this to work or have suggestions on how to make this better/easier for skinners let me know.
(2019-01-25, 21:29)ködi-zömbie Wrote: Hey guys, this is an awesome addon. I tried it with S905x LibreElec 9 and Kodi18. It is working well, thanks.
I post here b/c in the lists are always USA NTSC versions. Is it possible to download the EU PAL versions of roms from archive.org ?
 I do have additional lists which include all games (including the PAL games).  I will eventually get them re-integrated into the addon as extra game lists you can download.  If you want to go through the trouble of making a list for them before that, there are some lists here which you can download and edit and place into the correct location.  I think all that would be required is to edit the 'header' section of the xml file your interested in, so it matches the new format (there's some extra info in the new header that was not in the old addon).
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6