• 14(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2019-01-26, 04:06)zachmorris Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 21:29)ködi-zömbie Wrote: Hey guys, this is an awesome addon. I tried it with S905x LibreElec 9 and Kodi18. It is working well, thanks.
I post here b/c in the lists are always USA NTSC versions. Is it possible to download the EU PAL versions of roms from archive.org ?
 I do have additional lists which include all games (including the PAL games).  I will eventually get them re-integrated into the addon as extra game lists you can download.  If you want to go through the trouble of making a list for them before that, there are some lists here which you can download and edit and place into the correct location.  I think all that would be required is to edit the 'header' section of the xml file your interested in, so it matches the new format (there's some extra info in the new header that was not in the old addon). 
Thank you. It would be very helpfull to have something like an converter tool or grabber or script to convert the .xml files inside an archive.org folder to your great addon Smile
Hello,

first of all thanks for the great add-on! It was working perfectly over the last couple of months.

Since the latest update however, all cached games have been deleted and IAGL is now always downloading again from the internet - independent from the settings selected (e.g. Do not Redownload). I have also 20GB of cache enabled within the settings and I have re-saved the settings.

As we were mainly playing PS1 games - which are >500MB in size, this is now a big regression. An interesting observation is also that as soon as I launch a game the complete temp_iagl folder is emptied (even manually added files).

I have tried to install version 2.05 again by installing the add-on from a zip file, but then the add-on is not able to download the file correctly (it fails to launch the game).

Does anybody else have the same issue? Is there any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.
(2019-01-26, 16:00)wischnu Wrote: Hello,

first of all thanks for the great add-on! It was working perfectly over the last couple of months.

Since the latest update however, all cached games have been deleted and IAGL is now always downloading again from the internet - independent from the settings selected (e.g. Do not Redownload). I have also 20GB of cache enabled within the settings and I have re-saved the settings.

As we were mainly playing PS1 games - which are >500MB in size, this is now a big regression. An interesting observation is also that as soon as I launch a game the complete temp_iagl folder is emptied (even manually added files).

I have tried to install version 2.05 again by installing the add-on from a zip file, but then the add-on is not able to download the file correctly (it fails to launch the game).

Does anybody else have the same issue? Is there any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.
Yes, that is a big regression.  Thanks for pointing it out (see first post about how I don't know how to code).  I think i've fixed it.  I will try and push another update soonish.

Not suggesting the bug was good, but for continuous play of big games, i suggest looking at setting alternate download locations.
Many thanks for the quick feedback.

As said, it is a great add-on!
Thought I'd reach out for help here - With a recent update around temp files, the ability to use my own custom ROMs seems to have changed or gotten more difficult. 

Beforehand, I was able to:
1) Name a custom ROM, place it in the temp folder. For this example I'll use a version of RBI Baseball with updated rosters (named RBI Baseball 2018)
2) This isn't in archive.org, but I then could edit a custom DAT file by duplicating the original RBI Baseball item and just point to the newly named ROM:
            <game name="RBI Baseball 2018">
                <description>RBI Baseball 2018</description>
                <title_clean>RBI Baseball 2018</title_clean>
3) The addon would load the list properly with the new game. When launching it would look to the temp folder first, find and launch the custom ROM without any issue.

Now I'm getting an error that it's not in the archive. Did the order of operations change recently? i.e does the addon look to the archive first, before looking for the ROM in the temp folder? Is there anything in the DAT file I can change to allow this to launch properly?

Here's a few files that may help debug this:
Log:
https://pastebin.com/raw/wFgpAZGi

dat_file:
https://pastebin.com/raw/NamBzeWw

list_cache:
https://pastebin.com/raw/XFhebTuY
I only found a few post about the Android External Launcher probelm but not any helpfull solution or workaround.

Does the problem still exist?

I have my Nvidia Shield and Retroarch installed and everything set up and updated Launch commands within your app. When I launch a Rom, Retroarch opens and nothing happens. Is this the actual situation? Using a NAS a external source could solve the problem?
I have the same problem..point alternate download folder but as soon as I copy the game to temp folder it will be deleted instantly..if I change the n64 list to other download location the whole list disappear except for best n64 list..

Another question, right now I can't even download password protected psone games which I can normally downloaded previously..never change anything and I can login to archive.org page just fine with the same ID and password..any ideas?
(2019-01-27, 22:27)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Now I'm getting an error that it's not in the archive. Did the order of operations change recently? i.e does the addon look to the archive first, before looking for the ROM in the temp folder? Is there anything in the DAT file I can change to allow this to launch properly?

I'm guessing this is the same bug with cache. A fix is in github and will be released shortly.

Just a suggestion, you should use an alternate file location, not the temp file location.
(2019-01-31, 18:17)ahnernoch Wrote: I only found a few post about the Android External Launcher probelm but not any helpfull solution or workaround.

Does the problem still exist?

I have my Nvidia Shield and Retroarch installed and everything set up and updated Launch commands within your app. When I launch a Rom, Retroarch opens and nothing happens. Is this the actual situation? Using a NAS a external source could solve the problem?
I'd need a log to know what the issue is.  You can also troubleshoot, see FAQ here.  Android launching works for me.
Version 2.0.7 available:
Fixes caching function error
Updated FBAlpha game list
(2019-01-31, 22:45)imranlah Wrote: if I change the n64 list to other download location the whole list disappear except for best n64 list..

Do you have a debug log? This should not happen.
(2019-01-27, 22:27)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:             <game name="RBI Baseball 2018">
                <description>RBI Baseball 2018</description>
                <title_clean>RBI Baseball 2018</title_clean>

One additional note.  You need to update your game list only slightly.  In this example you have:
xml:

<rom name="RBI Baseball 2018" size="40588" />
You need an extension on the file:
xml:

<rom name="RBI%20Baseball%202018.nes" size="40588" />
or
xml:

<rom name="RBI%20Baseball%202018.zip" size="40588" />
First of all, thank you very much for this addon and the work it takes to maintain it.

Yesterday I installed IAGL 2.0.6 in Kodi 18 (using the internal launcher, no external emulators or retroarch) in my Nvidia Shield (latest firmware version).

I tried several SNES/NES/GBA games and the audio was choppy and they worked very slow. Then I tried some Genesis/SMS games and there was no sound but they were quite fluid.

Does this failure have anything to do with this? https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...-is-broken

Or is there another problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Quote:I tried several SNES/NES/GBA games and the audio was choppy and they worked very slow. 

I also had such a problem, it seems to me that it is the fault emulator, use these:
for NES: QuickNES
for SNES: Snes9x
for GBA: VBA-Next

on these emulators, everything works fine for me
(2019-02-01, 12:00)mirkoX Wrote: I also had such a problem, it seems to me that it is the fault emulator, use these:
for NES: QuickNES
for SNES: Snes9x
for GBA: VBA-Next

on these emulators, everything works fine for me 
I tried the emulators that let me choose the IAGL itself.

Do you mean that I manually install those emulators from the repository? IAGL will let me choose them once installed?

cheers.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6