• 29(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
Hi! I'm new here. I just installed retroarch and the puglin following the Setup on first post, but when I choose a game, and then I download and lauch it, retroarch is opened, but notting happens, and doesn't load the game. How can I fix it?
(2019-10-05, 23:03)BigBoss_ Wrote: Hi! I'm new here. I just installed retroarch and the puglin following the Setup on first post, but when I choose a game, and then I download and lauch it, retroarch is opened, but notting happens, and doesn't load the game. How can I fix it?

I'm going to guess (without a log I can't be sure), you're likely using android? If so, then the config file in the addon settings is either not set or might be incorrect. Take a look at the wiki here.
Version 2.1.3 of IAGL is available. Changes include:
Fix yet another android/utf bug causing categories to not be displayed correctly (issue 110)
Add Favorites to Front Page, with optional setting (issue 108)
Update launch shell script for linux/osx to be more betterer
Add option for appending game list name to random and search results, so you can more easily see where your results are from (issue 116)
Update widget support to work more better (issue 118)
Update support for linux user paths in settings (issue 101)
Add 'Group by Tag' option for browsing, so you can browse by a game lists tags (USA or Japan for example)
Added some additional genres to genre database
Update external launch commands for new/changed retroarch cores, fix ePSXe command for android (issue 133)

Updated / New Lists:
OpenLara (added)
PSP (added)
PCE Supergrafx (added)
NES Hacks (added)
NES Translated Games (added)
SNES Hacks (added)
SNES Translated Games (added)
Genesis Hacks (added)
Genesis Translated Games (added)
PCE CD/TGCD (updated with TGCD and translations)
Satellaview (added)

And speaking of lists, I'm considering re-jiggering some of the game lists in the addon. For any users of the addon, there's a poll here to get input on updating the game lists. The question is, would you rather have fully unfiltered lists of games to start with so it's all available, or have the lists pre-filtered for only the more popular stuff. There's pros/cons to each: Size of file, time it takes for browsing/parsing, content choice, etc. Another option I'm considering is another 'Group by' option and have custom group tags for pre-filtered lists (1G1R / USA only / NTSC or PAL only, etc)
Great work Zachmorris.

But is it possible for each games to change frequency of display (59,94 or 50,...) between europe version or USA or japan,...
(2019-10-21, 13:21)yallah Wrote: Great work Zachmorris.

But is it possible for each games to change frequency of display (59,94 or 50,...) between europe version or USA or japan,...

It's possible potentially via core options, rather than IAGL. Most cores that support different regions will have a setting to change to force that if necessary, lots of them auto detect the region and auto change.
(2019-10-22, 00:33)zachmorris Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 13:21)yallah Wrote: Great work Zachmorris.

It's possible potentially via core options, rather than IAGL. Most cores that support different regions will have a setting to change to force that if necessary, lots of them auto detect the region and auto change. 

Oh !! Smile didn't see that

Thx I will check
(2019-10-21, 06:13)zachmorris Wrote: Version 2.1.3 of IAGL is available. Changes include:
Fix yet another android/utf bug causing categories to not be displayed correctly (issue 110)
Add option for appending game list name to random and search results, so you can more easily see where your results are from (issue 116)
Add 'Group by Tag' option for browsing, so you can browse by a game lists tags (USA or Japan for example)
Update external launch commands for new/changed retroarch cores, fix ePSXe command for android (issue 133)

Updated / New Lists:
OpenLara (added)
PSP (added)
PCE Supergrafx (added)
NES Hacks (added)
SNES Hacks (added)
Genesis Hacks (added)
Satellaview (added)

And speaking of lists, I'm considering re-jiggering some of the game lists in the addon. For any users of the addon, there's a poll here to get input on updating the game lists. The question is, would you rather have fully unfiltered lists of games to start with so it's all available, or have the lists pre-filtered for only the more popular stuff. There's pros/cons to each: Size of file, time it takes for browsing/parsing, content choice, etc. Another option I'm considering is another 'Group by' option and have custom group tags for pre-filtered lists (1G1R / USA only / NTSC or PAL only, etc)

Great work here!
What site is being scraped for the PSP images? Won't load any, calls for an email and password.
(2019-10-28, 19:24)Maharsi Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 06:13)zachmorris Wrote: Version 2.1.3 of IAGL is available. Changes include:

Updated / New Lists:
OpenLara (added)
PSP (added)
PCE Supergrafx (added)
NES Hacks (added)
SNES Hacks (added)
Genesis Hacks (added)
Satellaview (added)

Great work here!
What site is being scraped for the PSP images? Won't load any, calls for an email and password.  

That PSP archive has been removed fron Internet Archive, so IAGL can't download any game. Incidentally, the EXODos archive has been removed, too.
In IA there are more archives that could be added to IAGL, though, including an Amiga hdf archive and some GameCube/Wii archives.
Rainbow 
(2019-10-29, 13:07)ghizzu Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 19:24)Maharsi Wrote:

Updated / New Lists:
OpenLara (added)
PSP (added)
PCE Supergrafx (added)
NES Hacks (added)
SNES Hacks (added)
Genesis Hacks (added)
Satellaview (added)

Great work here!

That PSP archive has been removed fron Internet Archive, so IAGL can't download any game. Incidentally, the EXODos archive has been removed, too.
In IA there are more archives that could be added to IAGL, though, including an Amiga hdf archive and some GameCube/Wii archives.

Sounds about right, thanks mate. Looks like I'll need to doomsday stock pile a few terrabytes of ROMs. Why must external drives fail at such inopportune moments 🙈🌈
Yes, some of the archives have recently been changed. Archive.org moved a lot of the DOS games into a separate section of the site. At some point I will update that list to accommodate.
(2019-10-29, 23:25)zachmorris Wrote: Yes, some of the archives have recently been changed. Archive.org moved a lot of the DOS games into a separate section of the site. At some point I will update that list to accommodate.
zach, are you using some sort of script to build your lists from IA?
(2019-10-30, 08:31)ghizzu Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 23:25)zachmorris Wrote: Yes, some of the archives have recently been changed. Archive.org moved a lot of the DOS games into a separate section of the site. At some point I will update that list to accommodate.
zach, are you using some sort of script to build your lists from IA?

Yes, i have many homegrown scripts to create the dat files for the addon. All the metadata scraping, artwork, etc is (in theory) already in the dat files for very fast loading in the addon (so no additional scraping is required on the user end).
Hi! First of all big THANKS for the addon. Been researching in the last week and all of the other solutions to make decent game station based on KODI are ether stand alone systems with KODI as plugin or not working. I have (for now Big Grin ) five questions:
1. Is it scrapping possible if I manually add roms/games in the Game system folder?
2. Is there a menu that will show all games that are currently downloaded?
3. How can I change the default download path for all Systems? Even batter when I change it can every game system make its own directory inside default path? That way it will be easy for managing the library.
4. Any chance to set default emulator per game?
5. I kinda cannot get the view as you show on the images. I only have List and Icons. Is there a plugin that need to be installed in order to get the banners and posters? I'm using Aeon NOX skin.

Again, thanks and keep up the great job you are doing.
Thanks!
The game emulators seems to be removed from the kodi repository, so I can't use kodi retro player
Star 
(2019-11-03, 02:22)skullmonkey Wrote: 1. Is it scrapping possible if I manually add roms/games in the Game system folder?

Nope, scraping is not something this addon does. For that, I'd recommend AEL. But that begs the question on what game(s) are missing from the addon, here is a place to make requests.

(2019-11-03, 02:22)skullmonkey Wrote: 2. Is there a menu that will show all games that are currently downloaded?
Sort of, there's the 'Last Played' area, but that's not necessarily whats downloaded. I could potentially add that functionality within the lists themselves, but what would that look like (maybe marking it as 'watched' or something)?

(2019-11-03, 02:22)skullmonkey Wrote: 3. How can I change the default download path for all Systems? Even batter when I change it can every game system make its own directory inside default path? That way it will be easy for managing the library.
You have two options:
1) Setup your own path per list, see here
2) If you want a 'temporary cache' thats organized, you can select the Advanced Setting 'Organize Cache folders using System Folders', which is what some people want if they use Retroarch's overrides functionality

(2019-11-03, 02:22)skullmonkey Wrote: 4. Any chance to set default emulator per game?
Yes, you can do that by bringing up the context menu on a game list, and then select 'Update Game Default Addon'.

(2019-11-03, 02:22)skullmonkey Wrote: 5. I kinda cannot get the view as you show on the images. I only have List and Icons. Is there a plugin that need to be installed in order to get the banners and posters? I'm using Aeon NOX skin.
The views are very skin dependant, but also dependant on where you enter the addon. Skin makers have lots of options for Video Addons, but not Game Addons. IAGL shows up in both, so if you go to Video Addons and then open IAGL from there, you'll likely find more options available.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6