• 5(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
Hello guys I've been reading religiously numerous tutorials to make IAGL work on my tv box but didn't succeed.
I've got a minix u1 s905 based, the wiki points me to install an open elec  distro instead of using android.
So there's no chance to make it work on android ?
thanks
(2018-09-28, 18:22)chtamina Wrote: Hello guys I've been reading religiously numerous tutorials to make IAGL work on my tv box but didn't succeed.
I've got a minix u1 s905 based, the wiki points me to install an open elec  distro instead of using android.
So there's no chance to make it work on android ?
thanks
 It does work on android.  You can either use a Retroplayer test version of Kodi v18 (found here), or you can install Retroarch for android, and follow the setup steps here for IAGL for external launching with Android.
It works, thanks !
I've got a question, when I try do load a psx game it doesn't prompt me for which core I want to use, it just sits there doing nothing. I click on launch but nothing happens
Yes I've downloaded the bios with retroarch and yest other platform works. Launcher set to internal
(2018-10-05, 08:57)chtamina Wrote: It works, thanks !
I've got a question, when I try do load a psx game it doesn't prompt me for which core I want to use, it just sits there doing nothing. I click on launch but nothing happens
Yes I've downloaded the bios with retroarch and yest other platform works. Launcher set to internal
 Just tried that, I think it's an issue with Kodi / Retroplayer.  I submitted an issue here.
Amazing work Zach.  I just attempted to IAGL along with Retro Arch. The game list looks incredible. I was watching a video by David Young using IARl.  There no options in the Setup Wizard for an external emulator right now.  It is default Kodi Retroplayer and way to change it. I would try that after if I fail at Retro Arch. Later in the video, you have to press C to get to the menu he showed how to click on the Update Exe Launcher Command. That option isn't there either now.  I went to Zach Morris Github site and the FAQ's stated the same thing about it being possible. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Keith
(2018-10-23, 22:12)Keith Krummel Wrote: Amazing work Zach.  I just attempted to IAGL along with Retro Arch. The game list looks incredible. I was watching a video by David Young using IARl.  There no options in the Setup Wizard for an external emulator right now.  It is default Kodi Retroplayer and way to change it. I would try that after if I fail at Retro Arch. Later in the video, you have to press C to get to the menu he showed how to click on the Update Exe Launcher Command. That option isn't there either now.  I went to Zach Morris Github site and the FAQ's stated the same thing about it being possible. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Keith
I'm not sure I follow the problem, but the settings for external launching should be available.

In the settings for the addon, under the external launchers tab, you can enter the settings for your setup.

In the settings for the addon, under the setup wizard tab, you can change the option 'Emulator Launcher' to 'External' instead of 'Kodi Retroplayer', then you should be able to hit 'Execute Setup Wizard'.  Are you saying you can't change the setting?
Hi Zach,

Congrats by IAGL. I installed last week to do some tests and found some issues. I am using Linux installed on an Intel NUC with external Retroarch. Retroarch binary is installed on /home/kodi/bin/retroarch, the libretro cores are in /home/kodi/bin/libretro/, and the system directory is /home/kodi/.retroarch/system/.

1) I am unable to launch external Retroarch. In the settings, I told IAGL where Retroarch is installed, that my system is "Linux/Kodibuntu" (by the way, Kodibuntu is obsolete right now), to use an external launcher and then executed the setup wizard to rebuild all databases. In a ROM list context menu, if I watch the launcher configuration is is correctly configured as external. However, the launch command uses -L /usr/lib/retroarch/xxxxx_libretro.so. Is there a way to configure the Libretro core directory when calling Retroarch externally?

2) In IAGL settings why you have to configure the Retroarch System directory but there is no option to configure the Retroarch Cores directory?

3) When viewing the List of Systems/Platform lists (the "launchers") the order is random, and you cannot change it in the view context menu. The sorting methods are disabled, included the alphabetical one.

4) I love the "Best of..." launchers. Many of them present in IARL are missing from IAGL. Are you planning to revive all of those?

I do not have a debug log at the moment but let me know if you need one.
Thanks for the response Zach. The external launchers tab is the same as the video.  I have Retro Arch there with the app location and system location. However, there are only two options in the list compared to the video I watched. On David Young's video, it recognized that he was using an external launcher. I kept pressing enter and using my mouse yesterday to make it change to external but wouldn't work. Right now it allowed me to change it. Sorry to bother you. Have a great day.
Hey Zach. I wrote last night to save time while I was sleeping, but it's not here. My keyboard was not compatible with Retro Arch so I have to use Retroplayer instead. So I set up everything according to this:

Link removed by DaVu

I put in the link in file manager and followed the steps through choosing English.  However, there no apps called Retroplayer or Game Providers. Are they the same? How do you find them in Kodi? I've been trying to google this all night. Thanks again for your assistance.

Keith
@Keith Krummel we would appreciate if you don't link to services which are on our banned list. If you have missed reading our forum rules, please consider reading them now: forum_rules (wiki)
My apologies. I have a neurological disorder so I forget a lot of short term memory. Long term I'm fine.
(2018-10-24, 11:37)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Hi Zach,

1) I am unable to launch external Retroarch. In the settings, I told IAGL where Retroarch is installed, that my system is "Linux/Kodibuntu" (by the way, Kodibuntu is obsolete right now), to use an external launcher and then executed the setup wizard to rebuild all databases. In a ROM list context menu, if I watch the launcher configuration is is correctly configured as external. However, the launch command uses -L /usr/lib/retroarch/xxxxx_libretro.so. Is there a way to configure the Libretro core directory when calling Retroarch externally?
2) In IAGL settings why you have to configure the Retroarch System directory but there is no option to configure the Retroarch Cores directory?

Edit:  The addon currently searches for the core directory, here are the possible locations based on all the installation types I was aware of.  I can add your path to the list of possibilities.  I can probably add a setting to include a manually defined path.
(2018-10-24, 11:37)Wintermute0110 Wrote: 3) When viewing the List of Systems/Platform lists (the "launchers") the order is random, and you cannot change it in the view context menu. The sorting methods are disabled, included the alphabetical one.

I've never noticed this, but I see that too now. I'll add sorting methods to the next version
(2018-10-24, 11:37)Wintermute0110 Wrote: 4) I love the "Best of..." launchers. Many of them present in IARL are missing from IAGL. Are you planning to revive all of those?.

Most of them should be there that were shipped with the addon. I'm adding more, and hope to have the 'Extras' eventually included back in before v18 is stable.
Hey Zach. I was gave up on Retro Arch last night because I couldn't figure out how to use the keyboard. The solutions were foreign to me. I was referring to where is Retroplayer on Kodi. I added the URL and set it up following the instructions. However, there is no Retroplayer or Game Providers on my Kodi anywhere. Are they the same? How do I locate the addon? I set it up through English your repository. The games don't launch because there is no Retroplayer or Game Providers anywhere. Appreciate the help.
Hi,

I have a problem and I have not managed to find the answer in the tutorials.

When I want to run a game of more than 100mo (like dreamcast) I have a message that says "archive returned no file or requires login in settings" but I have not found any adequate menu in the settings

Sorry for my English I am French and I use Google translation.

In advance, thank you for your answer
(2018-10-25, 21:59)Keith Krummel Wrote: Hey Zach. I was gave up on Retro Arch last night because I couldn't figure out how to use the keyboard. The solutions were foreign to me. I was referring to where is Retroplayer on Kodi. I added the URL and set it up following the instructions. However, there is no Retroplayer or Game Providers on my Kodi anywhere. Are they the same? How do I locate the addon? I set it up through English your repository. The games don't launch because there is no Retroplayer or Game Providers anywhere. Appreciate the help.
I'm not sure I fully follow your issue.  However, I'd guess you're looking to use Retroplayer rather than external retroarch.  In order to do that, you'll have to use a beta test build of Kodi provided by garbear here.  Game emulator addons are not provided yet by Kodi v18 (but I'm guessing they will be provided as downloadable binary addons when v18 is stable).  The other option is to use Retroarch external to Kodi.  All of this is explained in the wiki.  I suggest starting here.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6