• 17(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
Thanks Zach!  Exactly what I needed!
Sorry Zach, I can't seem to get retroarch launching correctly. 

I created a list with a single game in it, updated the download path and set it to external launcher.  When I try to load the game it loads the Kodi RestroPlayer list.  Upon looking at the log there are 2 errors:
13:11:36.263 T:5324   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/_MAME_Ext_Launcher/Missile+Command+%28rev+3%29
13:11:36.273 T:18268   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/_MAME_Ext_Launcher/Missile+Command+%28rev+3%29) failed

Both the location of retroarch.exe & system paths are both configured in the IAGL settings.  Here is a copy of the list .XML.
https://pastebin.com/7bNk4Bhz

I'm not sure why its not finding my external RA launcher.  Tried using the rom_override_cmd but with the same results.
First wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that goes into making this addon and then maintaining it. i am having a problem with amiga games. it always says download failed. all the other systems i tried worked fine,wondering if this is just a problem with archive.org or something setup wrong on my end  thanks
(2019-02-08, 23:30)SimonC Wrote: Sorry Zach, I can't seem to get retroarch launching correctly. 

I'm not sure why its not finding my external RA launcher.  Tried using the rom_override_cmd but with the same results.

Those error messages are a red herring, and not necessarily a problem (Kodi just doesn't like the info window that IAGL uses and says it doesn't see that as a valid directory). I'd need a full debug log to know what the problem might be. Here's some general troubleshooting tips.
(2019-02-13, 01:45)Phert Wrote: First wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that goes into making this addon and then maintaining it. i am having a problem with amiga games. it always says download failed. all the other systems i tried worked fine,wondering if this is just a problem with archive.org or something setup wrong on my end  thanks

Amiga game launching is currently borked with Retroplayer - the reason is that IAGL creates an M3U file listing all the game disks (adf files) to launch, but Kodi recognizes M3U as a playlist for video/audio. There's a github issue in Kodi for it, but no solution yet. It works when using external launch of Retroarch.

Eventually, I will update the Amiga game list for hdf support which was recently added, but that too is not really working well in either Kodi or Retroarch (it just crashes in OSX).
(2019-02-13, 04:12)zachmorris Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 23:30)SimonC Wrote: Sorry Zach, I can't seem to get retroarch launching correctly. 

Those error messages are a red herring, and not necessarily a problem (Kodi just doesn't like the info window that IAGL uses and says it doesn't see that as a valid directory). I'd need a full debug log to know what the problem might be. Here's some general troubleshooting tips. 
 Thanks Zach, unfortunately the rest of the Kodi log doesn't show anything else.  I did get Retroarch working but that was establishing it as the launcher for an emulator, in this case it was 3DO.  

What I was attempting to do in my previous message, which I should have noted.  I use RetroPlayer for pretty much everything.  I do have some MAME roms which don't work however.  What I did was go into my MAME IAGL list, find the problem game and add it to a new list which will be used to launch it with RA.  In this new list I then update the download path, set it to external launcher.  Because the game was in a previous list seems to be the issue.  The pastebin I posted is an example of a game in a new list which was added from an existing list.  Was there anything in that list I should modify in order for it to correctly launch RA?
Thanks for the quick reply, will use retroarch. And thanks again for this great addon
ImageHey Zach, Scumm VM games have incorrect file sizes. Just letting you know.Image
Hello there. I have an issue when I try running a game. 
First of all, thanks for the addon. 
So, on my Windows 7 PC running Kodi 18 everything works fine. When I first time installed the addon, it automatically downloaded the emulators and everything works just fine, on the other hand, on my Ubuntu 18.04 PC, also running Kodi 18 I can't get any emulators. I read somewhere that some emulators are available in the original Kodi repo, but there are no. 

It makes me wonder... why did I get a bunch of emulators already pre-installed on my Windows machine, but not my Ubuntu machine. 
Note: I followed the same guide.

Thanks in advance.

I think I see the problem. I thought you were making a manual list.
Take a look at the IAGL settings>Advanced Settings>Add to IAGL Favorites Options:
Use Hyperlinks (Default)
Copies All Data (copies the game xml from one list to another - useful if you're making a new list of game files that all have the same format)
Copies all Data and Post DL command (copies the game xml from one list to another, then adds a post dl command override to match the game list your copying from - useful is your making a new list of game files that have varied format)

Not really well documented, but it was a copy over from IARL. The default option (hyperlink) will just re-route you to the original game list when you select it. The other options will copy the xml to the new list, so they act like completely different lists. It depends on how you want to set it up. In your case you'll likely want one of the latter options. Take a look at the xml file when you choose either option and it will show you the difference.
(2019-02-15, 20:43)XGamer23 Wrote: Hello there. I have an issue when I try running a game. 
First of all, thanks for the addon. 
So, on my Windows 7 PC running Kodi 18 everything works fine. When I first time installed the addon, it automatically downloaded the emulators and everything works just fine, on the other hand, on my Ubuntu 18.04 PC, also running Kodi 18 I can't get any emulators. I read somewhere that some emulators are available in the original Kodi repo, but there are no. 

It makes me wonder... why did I get a bunch of emulators already pre-installed on my Windows machine, but not my Ubuntu machine. 
Note: I followed the same guide.

Thanks in advance.

For linux, the binary game addons are available in the nightly ppa. I'm not a linux person, but I'm guessing you would need to:
xml:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi-game-libretro*
(2019-02-13, 14:48)roliverosc Wrote: Hi @zachmorris I am having problems checking my translation in the real environment on Kodi. All new strings that I have entered are ignored. The log shows me this error, what can be done? Can you guide me?

I think you have a typo:
msgctxt "#30058"
msgid "Choose from List"
msgstr "Seleccionar de un listado"
Zach, what happened to the Retroarch shortcut? Used to have one in the older version, its not in the newer IAGL. That was convenient.I assume i can just copy over the RetroArch_app.xml over to the dat_files to get it back?
Thanks, but that installed just a few emulators, not those I need (SNES). 
How do I install more emulators? I found the one I need in the nightly ppa, but using the terminal to install just like I did "kodi-game-libretro" just doesn't work. (I tried using
Code:
sudo apt get install kodi-game-libretro-beetle-bsnes
, but it gives me an error that the file isn't found).

Thanks in advanced!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6