Solved Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists
I will try and reproduce the problem with 17.6 from a test virtual machine, and then try the same with 18.0 nightly and compare.

Should be easy to reproduce, at least in my 'production' raspberry, just issuing two partial JSON queries of the artists table, 1-750, 751-1490, and verifying that the same artist record appears in both results. I will capture all the debug logs while doing that and post the results, and upload the logs. 

I will connect the test VM to the same mariaDB that the raspberry uses.
Quote:> The further step could be using JSON more manually, or looking at your MySQL db how are your computer skills?

That's exactly what I plan to do, use curl to trigger the same JSON queries that the app does manually, and test this in a) the raspberry, b) in an ubuntu VM with 17.6, and finally c) in the same VM upgraded to Leia nightly, to see if the issue goes away, and also to capture all the Kodi logs.

Also, I do have some basic mariaDB skills if you would need/like to try any change in the DB, do let me know. I have backups of the DB so I can modify as needed and later on restore my backup, so no risk.

In my setup the database runs in the raspberry, and is used by kodi in the raspberry itself and also by another kodi running on an ubuntu-based HTPC

Thought I would also add, my entire collection is based on single-file flac files + cuesheets, although I don't think this has any connection to the problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists - by htpcero - 2018-06-21, 22:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists0