Solved Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists
Thanks for the corrected file. Sorry for the typo in the SQL, I was in a rush and put the ORDER BY in the wrong place, but you got to the correct SQL statement and showed that having an ORDER BY it is the solution. I was pretty certain but always good to test.

For your interest the limit clause can be written either
LIMIT 750 OFFSET 1500
or
LIMIT 1500, 750
Quote:One thing I notice is that the query responses from mysql (and hence JSON), even if they have the duplicates, at least they are consistent. They don't change from run to run.
Yes, records are probably returned in some phyiscal order not a totally random one, but I have never managed to make my MySQL db do it.
Quote:Let me me know if there is a chance to get the change into a nightly so I can test end-to-end (JSON queries and ultimately the app)
I am including the fix for this with some other related changes so it may be a few more days before something is available for you to test. I'll post here (and you will here via my test thread too) when that is the case.

Thanks for your help indentifying and testing this issue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists - by DaveBlake - 2018-06-23, 08:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with MySQL & large music libraries resulting in duplicate artists0