Solved Delete please
Delete please
(2018-06-22, 20:51)rainman74 Wrote: Example
Your link to a Kodinerds image does not work. Use the imgur upload button or the image button in the editor menu bar above.
(2018-06-22, 20:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 20:51)rainman74 Wrote: Example
Your link to a Kodinerds image does not work. Use the imgur upload button or the image button in the editor menu bar above.  
Image fixed Wink
same problem in KodiSetup-20180623-2ab16bee Sad
@Koying Could you please take a look at this, that is still not fixed until today's nightly Sad

This delays the time until you can select a profile, because the EPG is already loaded completely and you have to wait (and then again when you have selected and started a profile).
Heh, no Wink

Surely a cross-platform issue, with service manager/broker again, I guess

EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/7e98...ac067de5cd
Stage 3 is called at startup even if the login screen is to be displayed, now
@garbear you can check this out, it's really an annoying bug that blocks the profile selection for several seconds until the EPG is loaded. And it doesn't make sense to load the addons already on the profile screen, because they are loaded again and can be different per profile (activated/deactivated).
(2018-07-05, 08:00)Koying Wrote: Heh, no Wink

Surely a cross-platform issue, with service manager/broker again, I guess

EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/7e98...ac067de5cd
Stage 3 is called at startup even if the login screen is to be displayed, now
Thank you @Koying for your evaluation.
I think there may be other issues on profile switching, also if you set the option to start in the login screen the selected profile's skin strings aren't loaded.  In looking through logs, when switching profile, it seems like startup and home window from the old profile skin are loaded, then after loading the new profile skin it goes right to that skin's home window.  I also see when exiting a secondary profile, the profile alias is set to masterprofile, masterprofile advancedsettings is loaded, Addons installed, and services started then startup and home windows from the old profile skin are loaded and only after that login screen is loaded.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Whose area is this on Team-Kodi? I would write to him, because it is so annoying to have to wait 10 seconds each time until my EPG is loaded on the profile screen and then again in the profile itself.
someone here will take care of it?
Could somebody take a look here, please?
I would say it's by design.  When you log off a profile, the active profile is switched to the masterprofile, and addons, skin, advancedsettings etc is loaded from the masterprofile.  The masterprofile skin is loaded and masterprofile service addons started.  Masterprofile skin's startup and home windows are loaded, so any addons in that skin that start based on <onload> tags in the windows start.  Then the LoginScreen window is loaded and the user can select the new profile.  When the new profile has been selected, addons from the masterprofile are stopped, the profile is switched to the new profile addons, advancedsettings etc read from the new profile and startup / home windows loaded again.  Then the new profile skin is loaded and new profile addons started.  Then the new skin's home window is loaded (the new skin's startup window is NOT loaded which seems like a bug to me).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2018-07-26, 00:55)scott967 Wrote: I would say it's by design.  When you log off a profile, the active profile is switched to the masterprofile, and addons, skin, advancedsettings etc is loaded from the masterprofile.  The masterprofile skin is loaded and masterprofile service addons started.  Masterprofile skin's startup and home windows are loaded, so any addons in that skin that start based on <onload> tags in the windows start.  Then the LoginScreen window is loaded and the user can select the new profile.  When the new profile has been selected, addons from the masterprofile are stopped, the profile is switched to the new profile addons, advancedsettings etc read from the new profile and startup / home windows loaded again.  Then the new profile skin is loaded and new profile addons started.  Then the new skin's home window is loaded (the new skin's startup window is NOT loaded which seems like a bug to me).

scott s.
I'm afraid I disagree with you. According to Koying, this is a bug and I can confirm that it has only been the case for a few nightly builds. It makes no sense at all to load all addons on the profile screen before a profile is selected at the first start, and then to load them all again when selecting a profile. Even with the master profile, all addons are loaded twice during startup.

Another problem is that when loading the EPG data in connection with loading the PVR addons on the login screen (!), the profile selection reacts very slowly. Then after selecting a profile, the EPG is loaded again.
Koying nailed the problem. A decade and a half of building without architecture lead to everything starting (or not starting) and stopping at random times.

Since March we've been detangling the spaghetti and recently got (mostly) everything to start and stop at the same time. This happened in four stages and things broke every. single. time. This bug is a direct fallout of that. It's been painful, but it's the only way we could properly solve loads of other existing and future bugs.

I don't have time to fix this, but it's such an arduous task and requires understanding of so much code that others rarely step up (the ones who do are total rockstars). The solution is for me to say f*ck it and fix it anyways Smile  Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete please0