Auto sound volume drop to 50%
Hi,

I am using Kodi on my Raspberry Pi. While watching video streams over PVR Simple IPTV Client my volume is constantly decreased to exactly 50% automatically in the middle of video.

So far I disabled CEC.

Hope someone can help me?
There is no such auto-volume functionality in Kodi by default. I suspect one of your installed add-ons is having a mind of its own. Care to provide a debug log (wiki)?
Hey,

I was beginning to think I was going mad.  This started on my system last night.  Last successful playback ended at 11:43GMT.  Started another at 13:51GMT at first, I thought there was no sound, then I realised it was just very quiet.  Checked the amp levels & mute - no problems there.

Then I noticed that the Volume was set to -30db, that's the midpoint in the volume slider.  I've reset my system, changed the volume setting several times.  I've used the "Set as Default" to apply it across all media, but it keeps changing.

I have disabled the web interface, both remote control by programs on this/ other systems, just in case a signal was being sent in from something external.  I've even unplugged the IR receiver, so now I'm on keyboard input only.

There does not appear to be a specific time trigger.  Sometimes it occurs when starting playback, partway through or not at all.  I've played episodes of an hour duration.  Last time was at the start, then again less than 10 minutes in.

I'm running:
Kodi 17.6
LibreElec 8.2.5
Pi 3 B+

I've not added any new add-ons and as far as I can tell nothing has updated in this time.  I'll turn on the debug logging and restart the system.  Will upload the log when it has changed the setting again.

Cheers,
Pete
Pete, do you also have it decreased exactly to 50%?

I also didn't installed any new addons, and this started yesterday in my case also.
Yes, my system shows -30db but that is exactly midway in the volume control.

Here's the link to my KODI.LOG when it happened.

EPISODE1 played and finished (line 2560) with sound but as soon as EPISODE2 started (line 3034) the volume had changed.  There are entries in the log (line 3228) where I increased the volume using the + key.

Not sure if it's related, are you using the Spotify add-on?  I noticed two lines (1358 & 2400) "DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> lms event hook called. Event: [u'spottyconnect', u'volume', 50]".  One of these events is before EPISODE1 started, the other during but the volume was not changed during that playback as has happened before.

If anyone else has a suggestion I'd be happy to test it out.
(2018-06-23, 13:58)Zoodle Wrote: Here's the link to my KODI.LOG when it happened.
Your log contains several installed repositories which are on Kodi's banned add-ons list. Support will be halted for you until they are fully removed from your system.
(2018-06-23, 14:53)Klojum Wrote: banned add-ons

OK, I've spotted Placenta, F4M Proxy & Super Repo.  Did I miss anything else so we don't waste more time?
I disabled Spotify addon, and so far no more problems.
(2018-06-23, 15:58)Zoodle Wrote: OK, I've spotted Placenta, F4M Proxy & Super Repo.  Did I miss anything else so we don't waste more time?

A new Debug log (wiki) will tell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto sound volume drop to 50%0