• 13(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2020-02-19, 17:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 11:28)granma Wrote: Hi, i wonder if there is a way to show artist information in streaming services (e.g. radio). I noticed that when music from my library plays, i can turn on in options to show artist bio. But when i play a radio station (i know that only some of radio stations sends the right info) i see artist slideshow but not artist bio.

The bio comes from Artist Slideshow (which I maintain).  The first thing I would check is to see if you've enabled any of the online services (lastfm or theaudiodb) to provide a bio.  By default AS only uses the bio from Kodi (which only gets populated for music in your library).  In the Artist Slideshow settings go to the ARTIST BIO section and enable the ones you want to use. 

I have every option on for bios (in AS). There is no problem with bio in music from my library, only from radio addon (from kodi repository). I found stations that send the tags, everything works ok with stations in other skins which show artist bio (e.g. Aeon Nox: SiLVO) but in your estuary mod (which i prefer) it uses the artist fanarts from AS but doesn't show the bio. It' s a small problem for a wonderful mod, but i was wondering if there is a fix.
(2020-02-19, 20:28)granma Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 11:28)granma Wrote: Hi, i wonder if there is a way to show artist information in streaming services (e.g. radio). I noticed that when music from my library plays, i can turn on in options to show artist bio. But when i play a radio station (i know that only some of radio stations sends the right info) i see artist slideshow but not artist bio.

The bio comes from Artist Slideshow (which I maintain).  The first thing I would check is to see if you've enabled any of the online services (lastfm or theaudiodb) to provide a bio.  By default AS only uses the bio from Kodi (which only gets populated for music in your library).  In the Artist Slideshow settings go to the ARTIST BIO section and enable the ones you want to use.  

I have every option on for bios (in AS). There is no problem with bio in music from my library, only from radio addon (from kodi repository). I found stations that send the tags, everything works ok with stations in other skins which show artist bio (e.g. Aeon Nox: SiLVO) but in your estuary mod (which i prefer) it uses the artist fanarts from AS but doesn't show the bio. It' s a small problem for a wonderful mod, but i was wondering if there is a fix. 

Let me look into it.  I honestly don't use the bio day-to-day, and I tend to only check with music in my library during development.  I do have the radio addon installed for testing, so I'll see if I can duplicate the issue.
(2020-02-19, 20:28)granma Wrote:

OK, I think I know what's happening, and it has to do with Artist Slideshow, not the Estuary mod.  If you're listening to streams from addons, some stations put the artist first in the title, others put the song first.  By default AS assumes the artist is first, so if you are listening to a stream that has songs first you'll get no bio (or images).  In AS there is a setting to try both the first and second positions for artist, and if the artist is in the first position you'll get images *and* a bio.  But if the artist is in the second position, you'll get images but no bio.  There's no easy way around that.  Again, this is within Artist Slideshow, not the skins.  It will feel random unless you're paying attention, but it should affect all skins the same (unless the skins have some other method of loading artist bios).

Basically, there's not a fix for this issue.  It just is what it is.
How difficult would it be to add a Repeat Cycle Icon to the Video Player part of the skin?
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to say, great mod! I was looking for a way to remove Movie Sets from the home screen, and this did the trick  Smile
(2020-05-07, 08:54)Zoltrix Wrote: Just wanted to say, great mod! I was looking for a way to remove Movie Sets from the home screen, and this did the trick  Smile
Glad you found it useful.
(2020-02-19, 17:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 17:22)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there any way to show the resolution (e.g. 720p, 1080p) from the player context menu?  That's one thing I really miss from other skins (such as Transparency).
Since other skins are doing it, it must be possible, but my understanding of how the context menu is populated is exceptionally limited.  I think you might have to do that using a python addon (like some of the extended info scripts), and the primary purpose of this mod was to make things more flexible without loading it down with lots of background addons.  That said, if someone shares an easy way to add something like that, I can look into adding it.       

I figured it out and it's very simple.  In DialogSeekBar.xml, there is a list of MediaFlags that start at line 54.  By default there are four of them.  I added the following to the end of the list, to make it five:

Code:
<include content="MediaFlag">
    <param name="texture" value="$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,flags/videoresolution/,.png]" />
</include>

That results in the resolution being displayed after the other media flags.  Perhaps this could be an option in future versions?

Here is a list of all the different labels, if you're interested:  https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels
(2020-05-11, 06:25)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 17:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 17:22)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there any way to show the resolution (e.g. 720p, 1080p) from the player context menu?  That's one thing I really miss from other skins (such as Transparency).
Since other skins are doing it, it must be possible, but my understanding of how the context menu is populated is exceptionally limited.  I think you might have to do that using a python addon (like some of the extended info scripts), and the primary purpose of this mod was to make things more flexible without loading it down with lots of background addons.  That said, if someone shares an easy way to add something like that, I can look into adding it.       

I figured it out and it's very simple.  In DialogSeekBar.xml, there is a list of MediaFlags that start at line 54.  By default there are four of them.  I added the following to the end of the list, to make it five:

Code:
    <param name="texture" value="$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,flags/videoresolution/,.png]" />
</include>

That results in the resolution being displayed after the other media flags.  Perhaps this could be an option in future versions?

Here is a list of all the different labels, if you're interested:  https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

I think you confused pkscout by mentioning Context as it looks like he thought you meant something to do with Context Menu, whereas what you've changed is the media flags shown on the fullscreen playback OSD (in this case the seekbar). If you have any future requests it would be helpful to provide a screenshot and point to exactly what area you are talking about, that way no confusion can occur.

As for what you've done here, that media flag is in the default version of Estuary in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L57-L59 so I guess pkscout removed it from his mod for some reason.
(2020-05-11, 15:53)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 06:25)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 17:26)pkscout Wrote: Since other skins are doing it, it must be possible, but my understanding of how the context menu is populated is exceptionally limited.  I think you might have to do that using a python addon (like some of the extended info scripts), and the primary purpose of this mod was to make things more flexible without loading it down with lots of background addons.  That said, if someone shares an easy way to add something like that, I can look into adding it.       

Code:
</include>

I think you confused pkscout by mentioning Context as it looks like he thought you meant something to do with Context Menu, whereas what you've changed is the media flags shown on the fullscreen playback OSD (in this case the seekbar). If you have any future requests it would be helpful to provide a screenshot and point to exactly what area you are talking about, that way no confusion can occur.

As for what you've done here, that media flag is in the default version of Estuary in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L57-L59 so I guess pkscout removed it from his mod for some reason.  
It looks like that github link is to a future release of Estuary (maybe in 18.7?).  I checked, and that media flag isn't in the version of Estuary shipping with 18.6 (at least not that I can find).  I tend to only update my mod with changes from core Estuary when new versions of Estuary come out in production, so the good news is that shortly after 18.7 releases my mod will get that update too.
(2020-05-11, 18:20)pkscout Wrote: It looks like that github link is to a future release of Estuary (maybe in 18.7?).  I checked, and that media flag isn't in the version of Estuary shipping with 18.6 (at least not that I can find).  I tend to only update my mod with changes from core Estuary when new versions of Estuary come out in production, so the good news is that shortly after 18.7 releases my mod will get that update too.

You're right and I made a mistake, thought it had been always there but indeed was only added Oct 2019 with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16778 so it's only in Master branch for Matrix.
(2020-05-11, 18:55)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 18:20)pkscout Wrote: It looks like that github link is to a future release of Estuary (maybe in 18.7?).  I checked, and that media flag isn't in the version of Estuary shipping with 18.6 (at least not that I can find).  I tend to only update my mod with changes from core Estuary when new versions of Estuary come out in production, so the good news is that shortly after 18.7 releases my mod will get that update too.

You're right and I made a mistake, thought it had been always there but indeed was only added Oct 2019 with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16778 so it's only in Master branch for Matrix. 
If it's only going to officially make it into Matrix, I'll go ahead and add it to my mod.  It's a tiny thing that really isn't like to break anything else anyway.
New Release

v.1.2.15
- added video resolution to dialog seek bar (backport from Matrix version of Estuary)

In my skin repo as usual.
(2020-05-11, 20:12)pkscout Wrote: New Release

v.1.2.15
- added video resolution to dialog seek bar (backport from Matrix version of Estuary)

In my skin repo as usual.

Thank you very much!
(2020-05-11, 15:53)jjd-uk Wrote: I think you confused pkscout by mentioning Context as it looks like he thought you meant something to do with Context Menu, whereas what you've changed is the media flags shown on the fullscreen playback OSD (in this case the seekbar). If you have any future requests it would be helpful to provide a screenshot and point to exactly what area you are talking about, that way no confusion can occur.

You're right, I should have been more clear.  I called it context, because the context button on my remote brings up that screen, which is different from the seekbar that shows up when you press enter.
New Release

v.1.2.16
- fixes from Estuary 2.0.27 in Kodi 18.7
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0