• 16(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2018-06-25, 01:33)pkscout Wrote: IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADED BEFORE AUGUST 24, 2018:
Version 1.1.0 resets the sub menu options.  Please see this post for more information on the sub menu option changes in 1.1.0.

This is a very light modification to Estuary that provides the following:
  • ability to reorder and turn off home screen left menu items
  • ability to reorder and deactivate sub-menu widgets
  • option to use small icons for the categories
  • ability to change the action of most of the main menu items (to one of a preset group of choices based on the menu item)
  • added a new TV Show widget called Unwatched/In Progress Shows (it's off by default)
  • setting to change the color diffusion of background art (from 0 - 100%)
  • adds an option to show the artist bio on the music visualization info screen
  • adds an option to have the music visualization screen keep images in whatever aspect ratio they have when downloaded
  • eliminates the dark overlay on the artist image on the music visualization screen
  • option to trigger music visualization screen when you start playing music
  • option to use alternate layout for weather widget in top bar that doesn't overlap with certain views
  • added categories in TV category widget for X-NEWA and Pseudolibrary if those addons are installed
  • option to use an alternate timer layout that puts the show name before the channel name in the PVR listings
  • support for the Premiere tag used by some PVR addons
  • support for weather icon packs
  • better support for 4 digit channel numbers in PVR
  • option to use the Weather menu as a weather clock (really only works with a RPi 9" touchscreen, requires additional addon and software)

To use this you need to install my skin repo and then install the Leia Estuary skin mod.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.1.zip

Here's the source files in case anyone wants to look at them:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.estuary....kscout.mod

So just wanted to double check. With this light MOD, I will be able to add widgets to the Home Screen?
(2021-01-03, 11:52)dcsacew21 Wrote: So just wanted to double check. With this light MOD, I will be able to add widgets to the Home Screen?
No. This mod allows you more flexibility in moving around the menu items and widgets available in Estuary. It does not have the ability to show other widgets.
Hi pkscout,
as an old dude I act relatively conserativ in changing my setup, so I just migrate my old Kryton to Leia now. (and hate the circumstance, that I lost my dsplayer with frame interpolation Sad )
Anyway, I love your Estuary Mod as it offers some nice modifications to the default one without all the shenanigans in other skins (at Krypton I used a fully selfmodded Xonfluence, but its looks a little bit outdated nowadays, imho).
Especially the use of genre as a movieslot catches my interest. I would love to expand this feature for countries and years and so I'll try to put my hands on.
I recognised the skinsetting, includes_mod and variables_mod xmls as sources for my changing, where I should add new entries similar to the genres ones.  Now my humble question, is there any further modification nessessary? And than, which xmls are maybe further related?
Thx in advance for your help and soory for my english as I wasn't a native speaker.

Cheers Mario
Hi pkscout,
as an old dude I act relatively conserativ in changing my setup, so I just migrate my old Kryton to Leia now. (and hate the circumstance, that I lost my dsplayer with frame interpolation Sad )
Anyway, I love your Estuary Mod as it offers some nice modifications to the default one without all the shenanigans of other skins (at Krypton I used a fully selfmodded Xonfluence, but its looks a little bit outdated nowadays, imho).
Especially the use of genre as a movieslot catches my interest. I would love to expand this feature for countries and years and so I'll try to put my hands on.
I recognised the skinsetting, includes_mod and variables_mod xmls as sources for my changing, where I should add new entries similar to the genres ones.  Now my humble question, is there any further modification nessessary? And than, which xmls are maybe further related?
Thx in advance for your help and sorry for my english, as I wasn't a native speaker.

Cheers Mario
(2021-02-14, 16:12)Honko Wrote: Hi pkscout,
Anyway, I love your Estuary Mod as it offers some nice modifications to the default one without all the shenanigans in other skins (at Krypton I used a fully selfmodded Xonfluence, but its looks a little bit outdated nowadays, imho).
Thx in advance for your help and soory for my english as I wasn't a native speaker.

Cheers Mario
Adding more sub menu options is possible, but it is going to be kind of a pain (it's the reason I don't take requests for new sub menu items). There are a bunch of inter-related things you have to modify, and I'm not even sure I'm going to remember them all.  But I'll try to get you started:

SkinSettings.xml
Starting on line 273 you are going to have to add another option to the Skin.SelectBool in the onclick for the sub menu items you want to ask. The numbers are language maps, so you'll have to add the string for each of the new entries to the language file in the Estuary mod as well.  You might be able to just put the text strings in there directly, but I'm not sure.

Home.xml
Starting on line 67 you'll have to add new param entries for each of the new items you add.  You have to add them to every MovieSubMenuItem include in the movies section.

VariablesMod.xml
Starting on line 345 for every MovieSubMenuSlotLabel2Var you have to add new values for each of your new submenu items.

Includes_Mod.xml
Starting on line 273 (the MovieSubMenuItem include definition) you have to add a new include in the definition for each of the new items. You can point them to either playlists or Kodi nodes. I think the years and countries are nodes.

I hope that helps get you started. I probably won't be able to help much past this.
(2021-02-16, 05:10)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 16:12)Honko Wrote: Hi pkscout,

Cheers Mario
Adding more sub menu options is possible, but it is going to be kind of a pain (it's the reason I don't take requests for new sub menu items). There are a bunch of inter-related things you have to modify, and I'm not even sure I'm going to remember them all.  But I'll try to get you started:

SkinSettings.xml
Starting on line 273 you are going to have to add another option to the Skin.SelectBool in the onclick for the sub menu items you want to ask. The numbers are language maps, so you'll have to add the string for each of the new entries to the language file in the Estuary mod as well.  You might be able to just put the text strings in there directly, but I'm not sure.

Home.xml
Starting on line 67 you'll have to add new param entries for each of the new items you add.  You have to add them to every MovieSubMenuItem include in the movies section.

VariablesMod.xml
Starting on line 345 for every MovieSubMenuSlotLabel2Var you have to add new values for each of your new submenu items.

Includes_Mod.xml
Starting on line 273 (the MovieSubMenuItem include definition) you have to add a new include in the definition for each of the new items. You can point them to either playlists or Kodi nodes. I think the years and countries are nodes.

I hope that helps get you started. I probably won't be able to help much past this.

Thank you so much for your help!!
Until the home.xml I think I'll already got the changes! So it's time to go on (for me) Smile
cheers and take care Mario
Sorry, it's me again.
At a first thing I try to add a "year" item, in all of the four xml files. but I got a booting error/crash at Kodi.
I localized this error anywhere in the following code in the Includes_Mod.xml. Without this include Kodi boots as normal (sure without the function of the "years"):

<include condition="$PARAM[show_years]" content="WidgetListCategories">
                <param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/years/"/>
                <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[265]"/>
                <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                <param name="icon" value="$VAR[WidgetYearIconVar]"/>
                <param name="icon_height" value="70"/>
                <param name="list_id" value="$PARAM[list_id]"/>
            </include>

I don't get it, any help possible?
thx in advance
@pkscout  Will this work with Kodi 21.0 RC1? (which I had to go with due to DoVi support)

I installed your zip but not anything else since it seemed like it wasn't necessary due to Estuary already being the default skin in 21. However, I am completely new to Kodi so perhaps that is an incorrect assumption. Although your mod does show up in the AddOns section and says that it's enabled, the Run button is grayed-out. Also, in the Interface section, it's not showing up as a selectable skin... only Estuary shows. Therefore, it seems like I either need to do something else or this mod isn't compatible with 21. Please advise and, if I do need to do something else, please bear in mind I'm completely new to Kodi and provide total noob instructions if possible. Thanks!
The version mentioned in this thread will not work with Kodi 21.  There is a version available that will (link to that forum post in my signature).

Skins are self contained things (in essence they are special kinds of addons).  While this is a mod of Estuary, the two skins are completely separate things.  I basically took all the Estuary code, made changes, and then created a new skin.  To install it you need to follow the instructions in the first post of the thread in my signature.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0