• 1(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADED BEFORE AUGUST 24, 2018:
Version 1.1.0 resets the sub menu options.  Please see this post for more information on the sub menu option changes in 1.1.0.

This is a very light modification to Estuary that provides the following:
  • ability to reorder and turn off home screen left menu items
  • ability to reorder and deactivate sub-menu widgets
  • option to use small icons for the categories
  • ability to change the action of most of the main menu items (to one of a preset group of choices based on the menu item)
  • added a new TV Show widget called Unwatched/In Progress Shows (it's off by default)
  • setting to change the color diffusion of background art (from 0 - 100%)
  • adds an option to show the artist bio on the music visualization info screen
  • adds an option to have the music visualization screen keep images in whatever aspect ratio they have when downloaded
  • eliminates the dark overlay on the artist image on the music visualization screen
  • option to trigger music visualization screen when you start playing music
  • option to use alternate layout for weather widget in top bar that doesn't overlap with certain views
  • added categories in TV category widget for X-NEWA and Pseudolibrary if those addons are installed
  • option to use an alternate timer layout that puts the show name before the channel name in the PVR listings
  • support for the Premiere tag used by some PVR addons
  • support for weather icon packs
  • better support for 4 digit channel numbers in PVR
  • option to use the Weather menu as a weather clock (really only works with a RPi 9" touchscreen, requires additional addon and software)

To use this you need to install my skin repo and then install the Leia Estuary skin mod.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.1.zip

Here's the source files in case anyone wants to look at them:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.estuary....kscout.mod
Thanks! Any chance you have a GitHub PR for these changes so we can apply to our own Estuary forks?

EDIT: In fact separate commits for each feature would be nice as I see this is a little more than just an Artist slideshow mod.
(2018-06-25, 09:48)docwra Wrote: Thanks! Any chance you have a GitHub PR for these changes so we can apply to our own Estuary forks?

EDIT: In fact separate commits for each feature would be nice as I see this is a little more than just an Artist slideshow mod.
 I do have a github repo at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.estuary....kscout.mod

Unfortunately I was a lazy coder and did not do each feature as a separate commit.  Most of the features affect only one file (well, three considering the settings, language, and actual code change), but the logic for customizing widgets and home screen affects a bunch of files.  Sorry I didn't think of that before I did all the changes.  Next time hopefully I'll remember, and I may go back through and redo everything with individual commits this week if I can find some time.

For just Artist Slideshow you would need one settings, the MusicVisualization changes, and the Custom_1111_MusicFullscreenEnabler file.
Hello pkscout, 
great to see that your skin now support v18. What do you think to add some of your mods into standard estuary skin? As i read ksooo is looking for some guys to make this skin better but only with no extra addons.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
github link down ?
(2018-06-25, 19:35)tehax Wrote: Hello pkscout, 
great to see that your skin now support v18. What do you think to add some of your mods into standard estuary skin? As i read ksooo is looking for some guys to make this skin better but only with no extra addons.
Yea, I was thinking about that.  Once I get the Git commits granulated to one per feature, then I think I'll submit most of these as suggestions.  The only thing that obviously wouldn't work is the Artist Slideshow support.
(2018-06-25, 20:14)ontap Wrote: github link down ?
 It's working for me right now. Internet gremlins maybe?

EDIT: I lied.  The link to the repo installer was broken. That's fixed now.
(2018-06-25, 09:48)docwra Wrote: Thanks! Any chance you have a GitHub PR for these changes so we can apply to our own Estuary forks?

OK, the first post has been updated with a link to the source and a list of commits for each option.
version 1.0.3 released
- reconfigured skin to respect games section active boolean
- use Konami code to enable games: UP,UP,DOWN,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT,LEFT,RIGHT,B,A
- games home screen widget can now be hidden
- picture and video home screen widgets can now be disabled
- fixed home screen action for option to disable menu item when no library items are found

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR v1.0.2 AND EARLIER USERS
This update breaks some of the menu customizations you made.  I think that will mostly exhibit itself in seeing menus you didn't enable and/or not seeing menus you did.  The best thing to do is to quit Kodi, delete the settings.xml for the mod (it should be in userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary.leia.pkscout.mod), and then restart Kodi.  You'll have to setup all your skin prefs again, so sorry about that.  The good news is this shouldn't happen again.  It was related to doing game support the "right" way in preparation for submitting the menu customization work to the Kodi folks for inclusion in the original skin.
Thank You!
thanks for your work! On RPi 3 this skin is way more faster than Estuary Mod V2.

Is it possible to add a background image when music is playing? (while listening to radio, artist slideshow is not working)
(2018-07-04, 14:23)effe.rnr Wrote: thanks for your work! On RPi 3 this skin is way more faster than Estuary Mod V2.

Is it possible to add a background image when music is playing? (while listening to radio, artist slideshow is not working)
Yea, I like the Estuary Mod V2 in concept, but it loads *lots* of addons to work.  Mine has fewer features but doesn't require any addons.  OK it does "require" Artist Slideshow, but if you disable it this skin works like the regular Estuary skin when it comes to music visualization.

To your question about background images.  As a clarification, when you say radio, do you literally mean radio (as in your have an AM/FM tuner), or streaming radio?  I don't have an AM/FM tuner, so I've never tested Artist Slideshow with that, and I have no idea how it would behave.  If Radio brings up the audio player, then I think that would trigger the music visualization screen and AS would start.  If it's streaming AS should show images as long as the stream sends information in (I think) artist - song title.

There is an option in AS called USE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND WHEN NO IMAGES FOUND that should allow whatever is in the background of Estuary to show through if no images are found.  The other option with AS is to set a fallback slideshow (in the ALTERNATE SLIDESHOW section) of images that will show if no artist is found.

See if any of that helps.  There's also a support thread for AS in my signature, so if you continue to have issues with AS, it would be helpful if you could post there so I can keep my support stuff separated properly.
(2018-07-04, 18:51)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-07-04, 14:23)effe.rnr Wrote: thanks for your work! On RPi 3 this skin is way more faster than Estuary Mod V2.

Yea, I like the Estuary Mod V2 in concept, but it loads *lots* of addons to work.  Mine has fewer features but doesn't require any addons.  OK it does "require" Artist Slideshow, but if you disable it this skin works like the regular Estuary skin when it comes to music visualization.

To your question about background images.  As a clarification, when you say radio, do you literally mean radio (as in your have an AM/FM tuner), or streaming radio?  I don't have an AM/FM tuner, so I've never tested Artist Slideshow with that, and I have no idea how it would behave.  If Radio brings up the audio player, then I think that would trigger the music visualization screen and AS would start.  If it's streaming AS should show images as long as the stream sends information in (I think) artist - song title.

There is an option in AS called USE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND WHEN NO IMAGES FOUND that should allow whatever is in the background of Estuary to show through if no images are found.  The other option with AS is to set a fallback slideshow (in the ALTERNATE SLIDESHOW section) of images that will show if no artist is found.

See if any of that helps.  There's also a support thread for AS in my signature, so if you continue to have issues with AS, it would be helpful if you could post there so I can keep my support stuff separated properly. 
 thanks for your answer! I was talking about streaming radio and in most cases there aren't informations about song/artist.

"Fallback slideshow folder" was the option I was looking for. Now it works with a nice fallback picture. Thanks for your help! 😊
Love the added basics in this skin!

Only one suggestion, when clicking on the Movies main menu item, it takes you straight to the movie titles screen. Any chance of having a choice of what comes up, as I'd prefer the default Movies screen with all the categories etc?
(2018-07-08, 06:08)Gappy Wrote: Love the added basics in this skin!

Only one suggestion, when clicking on the Movies main menu item, it takes you straight to the movie titles screen. Any chance of having a choice of what comes up, as I'd prefer the default Movies screen with all the categories etc?
 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279
it would work like this but you would copy movie
add to  favourites
<item>
       <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>
after </item> paste the new menu
you will need to replace <label>your folder</label>
< onclick>ActivateWindow(videos, Copy from favourites  ,return)</onclick> this is the link to the new menu

=================================================
to set the menu path switch to favourites now copy the info for the folder
ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)
==============================================
NEW MENU _________________
< item>
       <label>Blu-Ray</label>
       <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0