• 2(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2018-07-08, 06:08)Gappy Wrote: Love the added basics in this skin!

Only one suggestion, when clicking on the Movies main menu item, it takes you straight to the movie titles screen. Any chance of having a choice of what comes up, as I'd prefer the default Movies screen with all the categories etc?
  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279
it would work like this
<item>
       <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/movies/&quot;,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>
(2018-07-08, 06:08)Gappy Wrote: Love the added basics in this skin!

Only one suggestion, when clicking on the Movies main menu item, it takes you straight to the movie titles screen. Any chance of having a choice of what comes up, as I'd prefer the default Movies screen with all the categories etc?
 Probably not.  There are a very large number of potential options for each different menu item, and some of them are based on nodes that people can customize.  I'm having a hard time figuring a good way to keep track of all that and display the options in a way that wouldn't totally confuse just about everyone.  I understand your desire though. I'd really rather the default TV action was to open the guide instead of the channel list.  And yes, I've thought about adding an option just to address my TV menu desire, but then I see all the other possible choices people might make and I decided to just use the categories widget to get to the guide instead.
I would also prefer the EPG View when clicking on the TV menu  Laugh

I found a little bug (maybe someone could confirm that):
The addon categories aren't shown. I have to click on addons, then go back, then the whole addon widget screen is reloading and the categories appear.
(2018-07-10, 14:53)effe.rnr Wrote: I would also prefer the EPG View when clicking on the TV menu  Laugh

I found a little bug (maybe someone could confirm that):
The addon categories aren't shown. I have to click on addons, then go back, then the whole addon widget screen is reloading and the categories appear.
 Just confirming that I'm seeing that too.  I really hate the addons section.  The original Kodi has some really convoluted logic for figuring out if there are any addons loaded to decide whether to show the widgets or the message that you have no addons.  I suspect that has something to do with it.  I'll take a look at it.
version 1.0.4 released
- fixed home menu widget conditional visibility to have consistent logic throughout
- fixed addons screen so that categories show up properly
Hi pkscout

thx for the update, but with the new version I can't select the Video Addons on the home screen. I can only scroll through the categories but pressing the down arrow key doesn't work
(2018-07-13, 15:19)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi pkscout

thx for the update, but with the new version I can't select the Video Addons on the home screen. I can only scroll through the categories but pressing the down arrow key doesn't work
 Well, at least one of us is testing things.  '-)

Are your add-on categories set to standard or icon?  I just checked on my setup, and if they are standard the down action doesn't work, but if they are icons then it does.  I checked the other home menu options, and the rest seem to be OK regards of category display choice.  Have I mentioned how much I hate the add on home screen item? 😜
v1.0.5 Released
- another fix for widget and category display in the addons section
- fix so skin settings work on first load of skin without going to home screen

You should be able to navigate the addons area no matter which category display type you choose now.
(2018-07-10, 14:53)effe.rnr Wrote: I would also prefer the EPG View when clicking on the TV menu  Laugh
 edit home.xml
<item>
 <label>$LOCALIZE[19020]</label>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[12000]</property>
 <onclick>ActivateWindow(10702)</onclick>
 <thumb>icons/sidemenu/livetv.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">livetv</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVButton)</visible>
      </item>

https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
tvguide WINDOW_TV_GUIDE 10702

I'd really rather the default TV action was to open the guide instead of the channel list.  And yes, I've thought about adding an option just to address my TV menu desire, but then I see all the other possible choices people might make and I decided to just use the categories widget to get to the guide instead.

tvchannelsWINDOW_TV_CHANNELS10700700MyPVRChannels.xml
tvrecordingsWINDOW_TV_RECORDINGS10701701MyPVRRecordings.xml
tvguideWINDOW_TV_GUIDE10702702MyPVRGuide.xml
tvtimersWINDOW_TV_TIMERS10703703MyPVRTimers.xml
tvsearchWINDOW_TV_SEARCH10704704MyPVRSearch.xml
are the only ones kodi support
v 1.0.6 Available

v.1.0.6
- Estuary fixes from Estuary 2.0.11 (Leia Alpha 3)
v 1.0.7 Releasing Later Today

An updated version of this skin mod will be released later today.  I'm posting now just because some of the changes mean that a few things will be reset to default when you upgrade the skin.
  • fixes to properly display four channel PVR numbers are now non-optional (I'm treating them as bug fixes not a feature)
  • fixed issue with music artist background being showed twice
  • added option to show music artist's bio when Music OSD is active
  • changed method for selecting what shows up in each menu slot (this requires resetting the main menu to the default)
  • changed method for selecting to category display type (this requires resetting the category display types to the default)
  • menu category settings now only show if that menu item is enabled in menu slot
So the bad news is that upgrading will reset the main menu selections to the default Estuary settings.  The good news is that the new way of selecting menu items is (in my opinion) easier.  With the old version, you had to select a menu item a bunch of times to rotate through the options, and you couldn't see what was coming next or go back if you went to far.  In the new version when you select a menu slot you get a list of all the options that you can both see and navigate through to select what you want.  This change was also applied to the category display type, so that will also reset to the default Estuary setting.

There is one new thing in the settings.  The categories area will now only show the options for menu options you've actually enabled.  For example, if you decide to turn off the Pictures menu, when you go to categories the picture options aren't displayed.  That makes the list much shorter if you turn off lots of stuff. I have Estuary set to use only TV Shows, Movies, TV, Music, and Addons.  So this change definitely made it easier for me to see just the category options that are important to me.

Hopefully this will be the last time you have your settings reset, but then Leia is still in Alpha, so I'm not going to feel too bad about it. 😜
@pkscout 

That's absolutely no problem. Homescreen setting was restored in a few moments, and now procedure is much much better Smile

Thanks for your work again. At the moment I'm really happy expect of one thing:

In Video OSD, the 'I' button has been removed and when pressing I, the cast tab has been removed as well. So my question, would it be possible to add this nice feature again in your mod? Angel
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
(2018-08-08, 21:31)Nachteule Wrote: @pkscout 

That's absolutely no problem. Homescreen setting was restored in a few moments, and now procedure is much much better Smile

In Video OSD, the 'I' button has been removed and when pressing I, the cast tab has been removed as well. So my question, would it be possible to add this nice feature again in your mod? Angel
I'll look into it, but that might be a bit beyond my meager skinning skills.  There is some dark magic involved in getting windows to pop up in response to key presses, and unless it's super straight forward and I can pull it directly from the old version of Estuary it might not happen.
(2018-08-09, 01:19)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-08-08, 21:31)Nachteule Wrote: @pkscout 

I'll look into it, but that might be a bit beyond my meager skinning skills.  There is some dark magic involved in getting windows to pop up in response to key presses, and unless it's super straight forward and I can pull it directly from the old version of Estuary it might not happen.   
Yes, I know. Probably this commit removed it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c867...e306ba110c. And a search for "CastAndRole" might be a good start
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
(2018-07-08, 06:08)Gappy Wrote: Love the added basics in this skin! Only one suggestion, when clicking on the Movies main menu item, it takes you straight to the movie titles screen. Any chance of having a choice of what comes up, as I'd prefer the default Movies screen with all the categories etc?

(2018-07-08, 19:10)pkscout Wrote: Probably not.  There are a very large number of potential options for each different menu item, and some of them are based on nodes that people can customize.  I'm having a hard time figuring a good way to keep track of all that and display the options in a way that wouldn't totally confuse just about everyone.   
Fantastic job on this pkscout... 
The video/audio browsing layouts look great, and I love the biography over the artist slideshow background.

I too would love to click on Movies and go directly to Movie Addons rather than to my non existent list of locally kept movies. There is pretty good implementation of this customisation on the Mimic addon... where you can choose what links to that menu item in the Skin Customisation settings.

The only other thing I'd love to see, though minor, as I don't do that many listens with lyrics on, is to have the animated lyrics as can be seen in Omni and Mimic skins.

Thanks for your excellent work mate,

Mark.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0